• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Mashed celeriac, potatoes, fried leek and pan fried pheasant

Ystranc

Administrator
Staff member
This was a delicious dinner made using home grown leeks and celeriac from our veg garden. The pheasants were shot this afternoon from the bedroom window, breasted using the field dressing method and fried quickly before adding them to stock and herbs to slowly simmer until tender. The celeriac and potatoes were boiled and mashed with milk, salt, garlic and chillies. the leeks were fried. In total it cost about 75p as the segmented .22lr that I use have gone up to 25p each x three

Sounds bloody nice mate 👍🏻 But I can’t/won’t overlook the fact you shot the pheasants from your bedroom window pmsl 🤣 ya lazy git 😂

Be fair Mark, I had to climb up the stairs to get to the bedroom window…surely that counts as enough effort?

Aye I suppose that counts 😁 , however if you was laying on the bed with the tv remote in one hand and the other the rifle when you took the shots ,,then you are a bloody legend 😂

Back