• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

May not be the place

Aquilosdad

Extremely Talkative
Just a thought but how many on here have an open fire,only in the last few years I’ve realised how lucky we are

Attachments

• 284CE7B5-27A3-4316-B6B2-F749A7F38C51.jpeg
    284CE7B5-27A3-4316-B6B2-F749A7F38C51.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 124
  • 23BACBB7-5BF6-46A8-A793-03A9BF237901.jpeg
    23BACBB7-5BF6-46A8-A793-03A9BF237901.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 131
I'm another fan of a fire, having said that..... central heating is very easy with no mess. I'd still love a wood burner though.

You can't beat a big log burner with a tray of roasting chestnuts on the top

Reactions: Bam
I live in a converted Stable...seriously. Now 2 up 2 down. Was horses below and groom in 2 rooms above. There's still a chimney for the upstairs but fireplace is bricked up, so now electrikery only...:D

Had an open fire growing up ( I remember having to chop logs and kindling for it) had an open fire in the house I lived in in my late 20s. Miss having one now, I find the central heating dries out the air in this house. When we finally move away from here, and open fire is one of the things that will define where we move to.

Very lucky here in France "da boss" has got a great fire, does go through the wood though when it gets going , good job i got a tree or 2 to cut up!
P1420048.JPG

I've always had a fire in the house right back to when I was at my parents. Never thought anything of it until last year when one of my daughters friends went running through to her mum when I lit the thing in a state of near panic because she thought I was trying to burn the place down :rofl: Any way here's mine (you'll have to excuse the fireguard, the other/better half insists on it)
IMG_20191216_213326.jpg

We run on wood fired central heating in the old part of the house as well as underfloor heating from a ground source heat pump in the new bit. We get through a scary amount of wood.

Back