• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Members Dogs

Hi Shot.

He is a handsome looking chap.....is he bred for hunting... and do you use him out with the guns ??
he is still a pup but he is in training I needed a companion more than anything else, and he watches out for me. I did have a bit bull hound mix that was good with catching wild pigs but he got old and left us broke my heart. now this young one has the heart of the other one but not for pigs don't want to chance it with him, but he loves the woods and hiking with me and will tree a coon fast.

IMG_20160712_164351.jpg

Well here are my 2

Winston the boxer/american bulldog is suborn as a mule (as shows as hes on sofa and shouldn't be!)but very lovable.

Snowy the very angry jack russtle (feeling sorry for himself after eating a lamb bone yesterday).

Bout dogs we rehomed but there good dogs just not to well trained.

I did have a black lab for 8 years before these ,she died just before we got Winston.Have to say not a day goes by i dont miss her!

Attachments

• 20180409_075448.jpg
    20180409_075448.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 209
  • 20180409_075515.jpg
    20180409_075515.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 228
Well here are my 2

Winston the boxer/american bulldog is suborn as a mule (as shows as hes on sofa and shouldn't be!)but very lovable.

Snowy the very angry jack russtle (feeling sorry for himself after eating a lamb bone yesterday).

Bout dogs we rehomed but there good dogs just not to well trained.

I did have a black lab for 8 years before these ,she died just before we got Winston.Have to say not a day goes by i dont miss her!
Thanks for sharing Edd:thumbsup:

She is a saluki X border collie lurcher....a bit of a nutcase when she was younger but she began to calm down by the time she was around 7 or 8......very high energy, very, very intelligent, perhaps too intelligent.
My little rushing bitsov is also ultra intelligent and I doubt she'll ever grow up whereas my 12 year old petterdale matured at about 2 years old

She is a saluki X border collie lurcher....a bit of a nutcase when she was younger but she began to calm down by the time she was around 7 or 8......very high energy, very, very intelligent, perhaps too intelligent.

Yeah, my lurcher is a saluki x bull mastiff we believe. Has that classic saluki stubbornness. Thick as too short planks half the time except when he wants to steal and then he's a complete genius. Can open latched doors, remove shelving to get to what he wants to eat. Leaving him in the house means sanitisng it and locking it down like fort Knox.

Yeah, my lurcher is a saluki x bull mastiff we believe. Has that classic saluki stubbornness. Thick as too short planks half the time except when he wants to steal and then he's a complete genius. Can open latched doors, remove shelving to get to what he wants to eat. Leaving him in the house means sanitisng it and locking it down like fort Knox.
They can be pretty ingenious, My Megan stands at about 10 inches at the shoulder and has worked out how to get on mother in laws work surface. She figured out that she can get from a chair to the table then its just a short jump. One smart girl

Don't let the comfy sofas fool you Bryan. These are hunting dogs...the third one is just a total softy though. Not a trace of any hunting gene. Here he is keeping the cat warm.
image.jpeg

He does look a little foxy about the face but he's about four times the size. The cat is also a big boy.

wow he's definitely built for speed Wolf
Yep. Sadly he was abandoned as a puppy and fended for himself so his already high prey drive is a realised & imprinted behaviour. Can't let him off the lead in all but the most secure areas as the chase over rules all obedience. Can't blame him though as its in his breed to start with which wouldn't bother me per se and would provide me with plenty of rabbit. But he would go after livestock, deer etc... Which is a little more awkward. And as said before he's to unpredictable to guarantee bringing the quarry back to me to dispatch unmolested and my own moral stance on these things is that even for a rabbit the death should be clean and suffering minimal... So sadly I can't work him though I would love to.

Back