• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Members Dogs

So as a few of you know i had to say good by to my old lad "chuck" a few weeks ago :( so i put my feelers out to my rescue contacts and they have come up trumps for me and my family :).

on Sunday we are driving to Gateshead to collect a 7mnth old English bull terrier ... 5hrs drive each way :):eek: :zipped:. (she said) .. he's a lad who's had a ruff start to life but I'm sure we will be able to get him on the rite track ... will add pictures when i get some ..

leaving home on Sunday morning around 4.30 am :sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:

Little bear is staying with us for a while as a foster

Attachments

• IMG_20211101_183251.jpg
    IMG_20211101_183251.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 71
Little bear is staying with us for a while as a foster
Mike

Little Bear looks well named. But fostering him may be a high risk strategy. The little devils have a way of working their way into a family and are hard to dislodge..🥰🤣

Can I see a recent picture of Sky? I'm guessing he's a really big boy by now.. Hows he turned out temperamentally?

What happened when you had all the lads camping at your place? Was he happy to meet everybody or defensive?

Cheers Alan

Last edited:
Mike

Little Bear looks well named. But fostering him may be a high risk strategy. The little devils have a way of working their way into a family and are hard to dislodge..🥰🤣

Can I see a recent picture of Sky? I'm guessing he's a really big boy by now.. Hows he turned out temperamentally?

What happened when you had all the lads camping at your place? Was he happy to meet everybody or defensive?

Cheers Alan
Sky was happy to meet everyone. As far as temperament goes he is still developing. At 48kilos he is stocky without being fat and is likely to develop a lot more muscle before he is full grown at 18 months.

Little Bear is pretty much just a name of convenience, he really is just a foster so his new owner/family may want to decide on his name for themselves.
There was one that I regret giving up and that was Shadow.

Sky was happy to meet everyone. As far as temperament goes he is still developing. At 48kilos he is stocky without being fat and is likely to develop a lot more muscle before he is full grown at 18 months.
48 kilos!

That's incredible! And still growing! 😲

Living out on a beautiful acreage he'll have plenty of room to run and explore, and other dogs and animals for company. So many idiots acquire larger doggos living in urban areas without appropriate accommodation or surroundings for their new family member. It breaks my heart.

The Boy sleeps out on the veranda and wanders around outside during our dry season. When the local pack of wolves in the surrounding hills howl at night he adds his own deeper voice. Its somehow beautiful to listen to these canine politics echoing through the valleys. I always turn to my wife and say 'the children of the night' in my best bela lugosi accent.. But she's just irritated by the noise and wants to sleep.

There is no poetry in her soul! 🤣

Go Skye!

Alan

My wife showed me a heart-warming BBC news story today. Some rambler bloke in UK keeled over up a hill and one Labrador curled up beside him and the other ran to get help...Untrained dogs. Just did what they thought best.

Will try find the link. Good Dogs!

Alan

We babysat the grandsons last night for my daughter and her husband so they could go see Chicago at the theatre. Got home late, walked the dog and went to bed. This morning we found a plastic bag and paper liner under the table. Roxy had eaten a whole lemon cake while we were out! Walkies will be interesting today.😀 At least she didn't eat the bag.
IMG-20211107-WA0000.jpg

Fellas indulge me yet another picture of The Boy.

My wife was driving the LandRover into town today and of course The Boy went with her as her guardian.

She sent me this Pic which I have maginatively titled 'Dog in a LandRover!'

Alan

IMG-20220105-WA0011.jpg

Back