• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Might get a new tent ....

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
As I notice people on the forum buying bigger and bigger base camp set ups I thought I might join in and get one of these ......🤪👍
B085052F-605B-48D2-A4D8-70FC9AC2E176.jpeg

Just the one or would you fancy the double teepee set up as shown in your pictures....must admit I've always fancied something like a Bedouinflex tent set-up but waterproofed for the British weather.....extreme glamping!

Well two of course :)
There is at last £10k worth of tentage there ...…..

You'll need to hit the gym if you plan on carrying that bad boy in Rob. You might need a pretty big rucksack too.

Not as big but Uber cool

Not as big but Uber cool

That is a nice bit of kit :thumbsup:

• Love
Reactions: lol
Roof tent is a long-standing ambition; until October 22 we have a holiday home so it won’t get used. Looking at a tent box lite as I like the idea of the covered entrance and automatic awning function.

Hardshell RTT are easier to use but I’m suspicious of getting in and out when it’s banging down.

Nice bits of kit :thumbsup:

Seen a few roof tents on our travels.....and some of the set ups have been very impressive.
We watched one couple on a site in Cornwall pack theirs away to move......they had it down to a fine art.......it was fitted onto a Landrover.

What car/van would you fit yours too if you eventually go for one?

Very nice.:)

It’s all up in the air, considering getting a large camper van (Peugeot boxer sized) or potentially a day-van or a 4x4 which could have the RTT fitted or smaller camper-van which wouldn’t need one.

At the minute it could easily go on my Passat estate or the wife’s CRV.
I’m a man of many plans and they change weekly!

Its a lot to think about to get the perfect set up/combination for yourself and the wife......and having so many options and choices is nice.
C-RV would be good......but then I am biased :D
Half the fun is in the anticipation and planning :thumbsup:

Back