• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Modding my lk35

Woodlander

Very Addicted
This lock down things has given me time to get all the things done that I have been waiting to do. So today I added some side pouches to my LK35. Also changed the standard straps for something a little more comfortable.
20200405_112117.jpg
20200405_112101.jpg
20200405_112051.jpg
20200405_095154.jpg

20200405_112132.jpg

Holds all my kit bar food and clothing, that goes in a drybag that gets strapped to the top.

Woodlander, that is fantastic...............where did the straps and back pad come from? I love the fact that you have matched the buckles on the pouches :thumbsup:

Short of a hip belt, my LK 35 is standard...........

Looking good Jon.
This is a question for you and any of the other guys that carry an axe or hatchet on the outside of your pack.
Doesn't it ever attract any grief as you travel to and from wherever you're camping/bushcraft meeting?
I like blades as much as the next guy (understatement) but not everyone else is as understanding.

Looking good Jon.
This is a question for you and any of the other guys that carry an axe or hatchet on the outside of your pack.
Doesn't it ever attract any grief as you travel to and from wherever you're camping/bushcraft meeting?
I like blades as much as the next guy (understatement) but not everyone else is as understanding.

I'm equally cautious, anything like that I keep inside the bag.

If I carry a Hawk or Hatchet they're always out of sight in my Bergan. I've never been stopped, because of my age the Old Bill probably think I've just got a spare Zimmer frame in there anyway..... :lol: :lol:

If I carry a Hawk or Hatchet they're always out of sight in my Bergan. I've never been stopped, because of my age the Old Bill probably think I've just got a spare Zimmer frame in there anyway..... :lol: :lol:

I think a 'look' can go against you, if you look more like a rambler then they've no reason to bother you, if you look like an extra from Highlander then they can't really not ask some questions.

Woodlander, that is fantastic...............where did the straps and back pad come from? I love the fact that you have matched the buckles on the pouches :thumbsup:

Short of a hip belt, my LK 35 is standard...........
They came off an old eurohike rucksack, I believe it was a Revolution aqua 70.... it's only because I have lost the original straps....

• Love
Reactions: lol
Looking good Jon.
Usually it's inside my pack so not normally get any grief....... it was a stuff it quickly to take a photo jobbie. ......

Not had any grief with mine being on the outside 👍🏻 Never say never tho..... I do try and keep everything sharp on the inside if possible.

nice work @Woodlander. gotta love that LK35 frame. i've being doing various mods and diy projects with mine pretty much endlessly since i got it: different bags, loading out the bags with different pouches, different belts, trying various shoulder rigs, etc. it seems you can throw pretty much anything at it -- as long as you don't go too large -- and make it work.

i've got an ALICE frame that is considerably lighter but the LK35 seems much more versatile, i think because of the various crossbars etc. they are natural anchor and tie-down points and there are A LOT of them.

i love that one of my most useful and versatile bushcraft items was a gift from some buddies in Sweden.

Back