• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Money saving food options .....

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
I normally use shop bought dehydrated camping meals as a light weight option , they cost on average a fiver !

Today in heron I picked up 3 chicken and chorizo risotto packs and 200g of spicy salami for £1.89 . Pack states cooked in 12 minutes so there will be a fuel cost but it’s still gotta be cheaper and will probs do two meals ? I’m gonna cook one in a bit to see what it’s like .....

B00F0C2D-389A-4D34-9A8E-EAC22C921978.jpeg

What are your go to cheapo meal options ??

I wouldn't say its that much cheaper by the time I'm done but I make my own dehydrated meals, usually Quorn mince based but Brambling has sent me a few alternatives to try. It depends how long you want to keep them for I guess, you could have really fatty stuff if you were going to use it sooner than later I suppose.

I do also use the packet pastas/rice etc, I take milk powder to add to the pastas that suggest you use milk as well as water, just put a couple of spoonfuls in. I also take pepperami's with me, you can either eat them 'as is' of course or chop them up small (a half is usually enough) and through them in a packet pasta (or rice, or noodles) for some extra protein.

I’ve linked to it before but the pail Kirtley “weeks food in a PLCE side pocket” Is worth a look as it features easy, supermarket friendly food options.

I’ve linked to it before but the pail Kirtley “weeks food in a PLCE side pocket” Is worth a look as it features easy, supermarket friendly food options.

Love that vid, I've advised a few folk to watch it who fancy doing long trails.

Back