• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

moorland wander

@WildWood1965

Looks like a nice trip - how do the Dutch tents work for you?

I haven't got one myself but heard several complaints about folks sweating themselves to death. :D

To be fair they do have some faults but I really like them for the space that they give you. I used a low camp bed & could sit up o.k & I had room for my big bergen as well as my boots. :thumbsup:

When it rains you definitely need a tarp over it as they do leak but as for the overheating issue it was around 20c at the weekend & I was fine under the shade of that old oak tree.

I mainly car camp anyway so lugging it around at 4.5kgs & having to erect a tarp over it doesn't bother me at all & I think they look the part in a woodland environment.

For certain situations I wouldn't be without it but I can also see why people have bought them & quickly sold them on ! :)

Back