• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

More boots.

divebuddy

Staff member
You may remember that I purchased a pair of Miltec boots about 12 months ago. They haven't done badly but I am not happy with them. So I have purchased a pair of grade A Meindl SF German army boots from Military Mart. £66 delivered. The difference in quality and comfort is immediately obvious. They are immaculate and very well made. Time will tell if they are really as good as they appear.
IMG_20211125_142506.jpg

You may remember that I purchased a pair of Miltec boots about 12 months ago. They haven't done badly but I am not happy with them. So I have purchased a pair of grade A Meindl SF German army boots from Military Mart. £66 delivered. The difference in quality and comfort is immediately obvious. They are immaculate and very well made. Time will tell if they are really as good as they appear.
View attachment 40615
Good buy buddy

Been looking at those myself ! :thumbsup:

Whilst there is inevitable a bit of brand mark up boots of all things outdoors related tend to be reflective in price/ quality. Brands such as meindl, scarps, lowa are expensive but the quality is exceptional; people wouldn’t buy them if they didn’t think they were worth the price. my scarpa SLs are pushing 25 years old, the trim is tatty and the soles very worn but the quality of the leather is still excellent; likewise my lowa patrol boots are the best boots I’ve ever worn and if it wasn’t for the fact they are black and the army has gone to brown I’d still wear them as field boots now.

The only caution I’d raise is that when the British army went to small high quality manufacturers such as altberg they had to outsource and some quality issues hit and these may be a large part of the surplus market.

Back