• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

More poundland bargains (new stuff)

Gazo

Slightly Obsessed
Popped in today to have a look about and noticed they have add a few new lines to there camping side.

I bought a few things which I thought was a bargain.

200ml spray can of waterproofing for tents, tarps, boots, clothing etc did not hold up much hope for this stuff but tested it on a small area of a stuff sack and let it dry and ran it under the tap and to my surprise it seems to work well you could see where I had sprayed it.

and something we should all have in our kits, a small stainless steel folding trowel/shovel very good quality does not look cheap and feels quite solid well worth £1

20120416_210420.jpg

Attachments

• 20120416_210420.jpg
    20120416_210420.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 160
What do you find so useful about the trowel Gazo?

Well lets just say there might be a time you would want to dig a small hole ;) come on Ian bit slow mate we all need the loo now and then mate.

Did you see the little Tiffin tin they are doing?

Ideal for putting your brew kit it :)

I got a couple of the sprays myself (no point just getting the one, when it is only a pound, is there?), haven't used it on anything yet, but if it is as good as you say, it may prove to be a right little bargain.

Apparently they are going to be stocking roll up sleep mats in the near future, for a pound, they have to be worth a punt.

No missed the tiffin tins.
Only bought one tin of spray to try it as was not sure of it but might get a few more just to do my tarp.

Well lets just say there might be a time you would want to dig a small hole ;) come on Ian bit slow mate we all need the loo now and then mate.

I wouldn't want to rely on that one in a hurry mate:eek:, I'd use my folding shovel, even if it is a little heavy, or find a ditch or a pile of leaves somewhere.

I wouldn't want to rely on that one in a hurry mate:eek:, I'd use my folding shovel, even if it is a little heavy, or find a ditch or a pile of leaves somewhere.

I am trying to reduce the size of my kit to the best I can as I have a few places to go that involves a fair bit of walking so that will do just fine for what I need it for ;) and at a bargain price too.
I think the best plan is once your on site and set up then go find a private area and pre dig a hole for use at a later time, as to be honest when you got to go I don't want to be digging any holes with any shovels. :)

I'll have a look for one of those then mate, looks like it could be good.

Back