• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

More raised beds

Of course even Farmers who look after theyr land since 1000 years may have bad luck.

But if people start gardening without any informations they simply are able to destroy theyr land within a few years.

In my Garden colonie most people damaged the earth. We sit there on sandy clay where over may be 800 years farmers brought compost in.

I have over the yellow clay nearly one meter dark brown earth. My parents bought the garden from the daughter of the farmer who founded the colonie on his land.
We learned from this women.

Later my brother studied agrar sciences.

We tread the ground as good as possible.

And the results are incredible good.
If as want to produce vegetables, I nearly have nothing to do there.

My neighbours managed on the same field within 100 years that the yellow clay starts after 5 cm.
One of them got some stupid ideas in the brain and digged around and in the summer he earned as a result something that looks like yellow concreat.

He tries to grow vegetables, but he has no chance.
Only 5 gardens away lived a totally crazy pioneer of the organic food movement. Who brought over 30 years spoiled vegetables from the supermarkets around to his garden.

He ended up in a compost heap. Today the garden has minimum 1 meter black earth, after the new owner gave the compost hill which was laying on the garden away to some neighbours.

That showed in distances of 100m and 400m, that the work of only one man for 30 years can change the quality of the ground totally. In both direction!

Its simply the questions how much organic material you bring in or out of your garden.

And it's the same with illnesses.

If people do not pay attention, after some years the garden is so ill, that it's the best to seed grass over it and let it alone for 30 years.

And than you could start new.
But in my colonie than you start on yellow clay.

Last edited:
Work on the new beds here has kinda stalled because of lack of both money and time.

Gillingham FC !!! (sorry had to get the football thing in)

football or soccer? That is the question!

In my opinion it should be interdicted.

It's less healthy than smoking cigarettes and costs to much time. The world would be a better place without that irrational time wasting hobby.

football or soccer? That is the question!

In my opinion it should be interdicted.

It's less healthy than smoking cigarettes and costs to much time. The world would be a better place without that irrational time wasting hobby.

I'd certainly have more time and money if there was no football but its not a world I'd want to live in, its a great distraction.

No, no! They should interdict it.

The world immediately would become a blooming garden Eden!

All the cars always would nicely be hand washed. The houses would be fantasticly clean, the gardens would be in best conditions, every shed we would find in perfect order.

The children would be far better educated, because the currently absent fathers would care fore them, even the women would be glad, if their husbands would share some time with them and help them in the household.

They would become friendly and stop to behave like Xantippe, as they usually do now a days.

I am totally convinced, that it's the best idea to interdict it.

Back