• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Morning coffee

38thfoot

Very Addicted
Working from home and bored so I decided to make a brew.

I’ve had the compact folding firebox stove for a while and not really used it that much so decided to make my coffee with it and an Aldi stove top perculator.

It was a slow process using a mix of very dry wood and some twigs my son had collected.

If I was in a hurry (for my morning brew) I would probably use the stove as a wind shield for a small meths burner or a hexi block and then use wood for a slower cook but it was a diversion from a spreadsheet.

Aldi perculator is very good, I’ve used it in the kitchen, on a gas burner (where it is a little too heavy) and now on a fire.

Always nice to have a play (we'll nicer than spreadsheets anyway ;)), is this a new Aldi perculator or an old one ? Fancy getting something like that.

It was one of their specials in early feb so there might be a few knocking about.

It’s a bit tall on a gas stove, will do 4-5 small expressos but I use it for a single big mug of normal strength coffee.

Aye, it's for that morning jolt after a couple bowls of loud mouth soup the night before I was thinking off. I'll have a nose around next time I'm in. Cheers.

Nice one 38.... nothing like a coffee made outside :D

Always wanted a firebox but I just love making coffee and food on an open fire :D

I've always just used the 3 in 1's, I know, I'm a heathen :) Must look into lightweight proper coffee on the go.

EDIT: I do like Erik Normark's cowboy coffee mind you.

If you don’t want to carry a perculator you can make “coffee dogs” using disposable filters and some string.

Or I think you can buy them from home bargains

If you don’t want to carry a perculator you can make “coffee dogs” using disposable filters and some string.

Or I think you can buy them from home bargains

"Coffee dogs" ??? That's a new one for me, gonna share ????

Working from home and bored so I decided to make a brew.

I’ve had the compact folding firebox stove for a while and not really used it that much so decided to make my coffee with it and an Aldi stove top perculator.

It was a slow process using a mix of very dry wood and some twigs my son had collected.

If I was in a hurry (for my morning brew) I would probably use the stove as a wind shield for a small meths burner or a hexi block and then use wood for a slower cook but it was a diversion from a spreadsheet.

Aldi perculator is very good, I’ve used it in the kitchen, on a gas burner (where it is a little too heavy) and now on a fire.

@G1ZmO will love this as he won't get out of his pit in the morning until he has had his pint of the black stuff ! :)

What's wrong with instant ? ;)

Back