• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

morning

It started snowing at about 11.30 this morning and by lunchtime we had 2" of lying snow. The boss let us go home early and a 20 minute journey home just took 2hrs!
Not good Annie, was that driving or public transport?

Driving Joe. Not me, I don't drive I got a lift home. It was slow moving, nose to tail for the 5 mile journey. Utter torture! The buses had just started running again when we were about half way home.

Driving Joe. Not me, I don't drive I got a lift home. It was slow moving, nose to tail for the 5 mile journey. Utter torture! The buses had just started running again when we were about half way home.
That's the problem over here, people are nervous about driving in the snow, I was lucky because I learnt to drive in Germany so driving in a foot or more snow wasn't unusual some winters

Morning folks, A bright dry morning, quite windy still although the Rooks seem to be enjoying it. They're floating about on the gusts high above the trees, like big black leaves.

The rivers here are dropping, back down to 2.4 meters from around 4 meters...at least a meter short of flooding the lowest part of the nearest town but then again all this water has to go somewhere.

This weather has been a bit brisk and more excitement than was strictly good for some people. There have been instances where rescue services have been put at un-necessary risk by people who either put themselves in danger (in some cases just for a selfie) or were woefully unprepared to go into the hills or mountains. A surfer swept out to sea needing a life boat despite having been told it was unsafe to go out. A group climbing Ben Nevis in trainers getting mountain rescue and a helicopter out in those gales, the list goes on. Spare a thought for the men and women who have to leave their home and hearth to come and save you

Reactions: Bam
Mornin' all, I've been a busy boy this morning, had to be in Embra early doors to get some work done, Sod being the lawmaker, the bloody bridge is shut south bound so had to get the choo choo. Dugs out for quarter to six and on the train for the back of 7. That's my backside wedged on the sofa again though so all is good in the world. :)

Weather is still a bit unpredictable, just had a pleasant enough walk back from the station but now its tipping down again. Supposed to get cold over the next couple of days which works for me, firm ground underfoot when I'm out with the mutts. 👍

The rivers here are dropping, back down to 2.4 meters from around 4 meters...at least a meter short of flooding the lowest part of the nearest town but then again all this water has to go somewhere.

This weather has been a bit brisk and more excitement than was strictly good for some people. There have been instances where rescue services have been put at un-necessary risk by people who either put themselves in danger (in some cases just for a selfie) or were woefully unprepared to go into the hills or mountains. A surfer swept out to sea needing a life boat despite having been told it was unsafe to go out. A group climbing Ben Nevis in trainers getting mountain rescue and a helicopter out in those gales, the list goes on. Spare a thought for the men and women who have to leave their home and hearth to come and save you

Walkers in trainers rescued in Ben Nevis blizzard

You have to wonder what goes through some peoples heads. I just hope every single one of the rescue team got a running kick at these guys happy sacks.

There is a strong argument for leaving the buggers to suffer the consequences of their own stupidity and giving them a posthumous Darwin Award.

Reactions: Bam
Stand by... Storm Dennis is due to appear this weekend...

Forget the storm, anyone remember Dennis the Menace? I was a member of the Dennis club for years, one of the few regrets I have in life is that I've misplaced my official badges. One had Dennis himself on and the other was his dog Gnasher. I remember as a scrog, being screamed at by a senior NCO because I pinned them on my uniform for a bet..

dennis.jpg

:lol:

Attachments

• dennis.jpg
    dennis.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 14
Stand by... Storm Dennis is due to appear this weekend...

Forget the storm, anyone remember Dennis the Menace? I was a member of the Dennis club for years, one of the few regrets I have in life is that I've misplaced my official badges. One had Dennis himself on and the other was his dog Gnasher. I remember as a scrog, being screamed at by a senior NCO because I pinned them on my uniform for a bet..

dennis.jpg

:lol:
There were several of the Bash St. kids badges re released in aid of an MS charity recently. Obviously not original but very nice all the same. Since my lovely cousin Anna has MS I bought loads and gave them away. Try their charity shops, they may still have them.

That's good news, thanks for that. I buy Cd's and books from local Charity shops, I'll remember to look in the trinkets boxes next time. :thumbsup:

Morning everyone, cold and bright here in the Potteries. Waiting in for a parcel so I'll take advantage of the time and get a bit of baking done.

Morning all :)

Lovely down at the beach this morning.....still biggish tides.... and a bit choppy.
Messy week for us here.......and half term coming up.

Have a good one :thumbsup:

Back