• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

morning

Wee Sid is worn out after walking so far....
image.jpeg

It's a bit weird really, since he's an ex farm dog he has absolutely zero experience of being inside a house or walking on a lead. His house training is going like a dream, absolutely no accidents. He loves going in the car and his world is constantly expanding as we do all the different walks with him.
My other three dogs are a bunch of old farts but they're slowly warming to the young thug. His only issue is his affinity for fox shit.

It's a bit weird really, since he's an ex farm dog he has absolutely zero experience of being inside a house or walking on a lead. His house training is going like a dream, absolutely no accidents. He loves going in the car and his world is constantly expanding as we do all the different walks with him.
My other three dogs are a bunch of old farts but they're slowly warming to the young thug. His only issue is his affinity for fox shit.
My old fox killer patterdale was attracted to fox shit and even worse rotting fish on the beach like metal to a magnet, luckily at 22 pounds she was easy to chuck into the sink or the nearest stream or pond.
Sods law got my shed emptied ready to repair the roof and it chucked it down all night, on the plus side I had everything covered by my 4X5 metre tarp which for the most part stayed in place

Interesting night last night.
Very strong winds.....heavy rain and thunder and lightening.
Woke by the alarm going off on the Landrover at 02.40........never known it to do that before.
The thunder and lightening was short lived.......and moved across very quickly.....what lightening we did have was quite fierce.
Still raining here but the winds have dropped......for now.

My old fox killer patterdale was attracted to fox shit and even worse rotting fish on the beach like metal to a magnet, luckily at 22 pounds she was easy to chuck into the sink or the nearest stream or pond.
Sods law got my shed emptied ready to repair the roof and it chucked it down all night, on the plus side I had everything covered by my 4X5 metre tarp which for the most part stayed in place

@Joecole

Wish we lived closer Joe.....I would pop around and give you a hand with that shed roof.

You go steady......Old Git!! ;) :)

It rained heavily here during the early hours but the wind was nowhere near as bad as its been. The rain has washed all the white caps off the hills from yesterday's wintery showers.
Dogs have been out and the fire's well alight.

Mornin' all, pretty horrible here although its supposed to improve as the day goes on. A day to be inside and watch the telly, I'm getting into The Witcher on netflix, a sort of poor mans Game of Thrones.

I've now got a mental image of you two guys at this job. Do you remember an old Eric Sykes film called "The Plank"
Update on the shed, sods law my hydraulic jack with which I was going to jack up the roof gave up the ghost so screwed a block on to the floor directly under the roof joist which was bowed then put a long beam against the block and against the joist then club hammer job then started hammering the top of the beam. If you use this method take it easy, about half in at a time so as not to split the joist. Still have about an inch to go but most of the water is now off the roof and draining nicely. The motto is that you don't need fancy gear like acro props, you just need to think like an Egyptian

Update on the shed, sods law my hydraulic jack with which I was going to jack up the roof gave up the ghost so screwed a block on to the floor directly under the roof joist which was bowed then put a long beam against the block and against the joist then club hammer job then started hammering the top of the beam. If you use this method take it easy, about half in at a time so as not to split the joist. Still have about an inch to go but most of the water is now off the roof and draining nicely. The motto is that you don't need fancy gear like acro props, you just need to think like an Egyptian
Or be tall enough to reach the roof support that you're trying to lift up :whistle:

Back