• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

morning

Morning all :)

A bit quieter here this morning after Dennis threw his tantrum last night.
Hope everyone faired well.
I'm not even going to attempt to get up the garden this morning Bill because the clay has turned into inch deep slurry, I literally threw my gear into the shed yesterday before the rain hit so for how it has to take its chances. Still raining heavily but the winds not gusting quite so strongly

Hopefully all will be well Joe.......glad you had time to get the kit back in the shed......could have been all over the garden this morning if not :eek:
Stay in the warm mate......the kit can wait for now.:thumbsup:

Good morning, much better here, no need for a coat while dog walking this morning but the ground is saturated and the rivers are overflowing. The next two days are going to be bad downstream.
Yep a lot of people think that once the rain has stooped everything will be ok, they intend to forget about what's happening up in the hills and the fact that water flows downhill. A prime example is many years ago a friend and I were fishing near RAF Catterick on a beautiful day. One minute everything was fine and next my rod rest was on its side, a mad scramble to get the tackle up the bank and within minutes the river was white water and up about 4 feet. People get caught out and die every year in situations like that

Nice here this morning , warm temp , no wind and it’s stopped raining , everywhere looks a bit sodden . We’re off to Spain today so leaving early in case roads are bad 🤔.
No flight issues from Manchester although our friends who were meeting us there had their easy jet flight from Bristol cancelled yesterday ☹️.
Fingers crossed 🤞, got plenty of time so should be OK 👍

Yep a lot of people think that once the rain has stooped everything will be ok, they intend to forget about what's happening up in the hills and the fact that water flows downhill. A prime example is many years ago a friend and I were fishing near RAF Catterick on a beautiful day. One minute everything was fine and next my rod rest was on its side, a mad scramble to get the tackle up the bank and within minutes the river was white water and up about 4 feet. People get caught out and die every year in situations like that

Exactly joe, had something similar happen to me. Not as bad tho but it was a flash flood of sorts, quick and destructive

Nice here this morning , warm temp , no wind and it’s stopped raining , everywhere looks a bit sodden . We’re off to Spain today so leaving early in case roads are bad 🤔.
No flight issues from Manchester although our friends who were meeting us there had their easy jet flight from Bristol cancelled yesterday ☹.

@Madriverrob

Why the hell would you want to be in Spain while we are experiencing this wonderful weather here in the U.K???

Good on you Rob......hope you all have a great time without any travel issues......sunny pictures please......we could do with some :rofl:

Exactly joe, had something similar happen to me. Not as bad tho but it was a flash flood of sorts, quick and destructive
Most of them are Mark and not everyone gets a pre warning like we did, the River Swale were we were fishing was shallow enough to walk across most of the time, angel to demon in a matter of minutes

Most of them are Mark and not everyone gets a pre warning like we did, the River Swale were we were fishing was shallow enough to walk across most of the time, angel to demon in a matter of minutes

We was wading at the mouth of the river, spinning for pike and I remember feeling the pressure of the water pushing me about, seemed like it came from no where, not really dangerous enough to stop but dodgy enough to make us notice and move further round. A remember taking a walk down the river scouting out potential fishing spots for the next day only to return the next day to what looked like a hurricane had hit. As you say joe, we have to consider the after math effects as well as during a storm.

No flight issues from Manchester although our friends who were meeting us there had their easy jet flight from Bristol cancelled yesterday ☹.

Hope you have a good holiday mate, lucky git. :)

just waiting for a break in the weather so i can get the kit loaded into the landy and then hitch the trailer ...... forecast says around 3-4 drying up so that fits in with the time plan we have of leaving plymouth around 6 pm

@Matt

All left up to you againnnnn mate :rolleyes:.....you would think your oppo would get a taxi....... or a lift over to help you......just saying like........some Bitches eghh??o_O

Back