• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

morning

Today has been a good day so far, Louise bought an old trunk at auction that needs a little work doing on it. On closer examination I discovered a hidden compartment containing scales, an 18ct gold pocket watch, a 9ct rose gold sovereign purse and a leather sovereign purse containing four sovereigns and six half sovereigns. All in worth around £2500. I'm just off to weigh them in.
It may be a good day to buy a lottery ticket.

Hi Mike.

What a cracking stroke of luck....well pleased for you both.....I take it your good lady is splitting the bounty with you?? :D

YES.....go and buy that Lottery ticket :rofl:;)

Today has been a good day so far, Louise bought an old trunk at auction that needs a little work doing on it. On closer examination I discovered a hidden compartment containing scales, an 18ct gold pocket watch, a 9ct rose gold sovereign purse and a leather sovereign purse containing four sovereigns and six half sovereigns. All in worth around £2500. I'm just off to weigh them in.
It may be a good day to buy a lottery ticket.
It's amazing just what people get rid of without realising the wealth, a few years ago I watched an antiques programme where this lady had an old painting bought in a car boot sale...........value 4 million quid

Mornin' all, another half decent day, certainly by recent standards. It froze overnight so hopefully it will be firm underfoot for the dug walk this morning. Got a day of packing for our wee exped tomorrow, the plan is still to head down to Galloway but its down to me and Smurf so there's always the 'Smurf factor' to consider so its entirely possible we end up in a bothy in the Cairngorms. :rofl:

Morning Bam...... All ...... Much the same here this morning mate..... Not to bad at all :thumbsup:
Where ever you and Smurf end up..... Hope you both have a good time.
Plenty of photos are always welcomed :thumbsup::)

Mornin' all, another half decent day, certainly by recent standards. It froze overnight so hopefully it will be firm underfoot for the dug walk this morning. Got a day of packing for our wee exped tomorrow, the plan is still to head down to Galloway but its down to me and Smurf so there's always the 'Smurf factor' to consider so its entirely possible we end up in a bothy in the Cairngorms. :rofl:

Have a good trip mate :thumbsup:

Morning folks, Lovely day with sun and blue sky...at the moment. Doing the rounds of used car sales today...must be my age but they all look the same shape to me, I have to look at the badge to find out what make of car I'm looking at...:D

Morning all. 4 degrees first thing with high winds and rain. Now a clear blue sky with a few clouds. Off to see a physio for my knees at lunchtime. Playing rugby all those years was apparently a mistake!

I wasn't prolific but played on and off until I was about 37, it was taking me a week to recover sometimes so I (literally) feel your pain bro. :lol:

Hope you get sorted mate.

Back