• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

morning

Morning all :)

Cracking start to the day here..... Bright and sunny.
Flying out today for a week of sun... Sea... And Sanatagen in Greece :rolleyes::rofl:
Going with our Son and family.

We are crossing our fingers and hoping our daughter does not have her baby while we are away.

Happy Days

:thumbsup::)

Shorts and T shirt weather on the Costa del Fife. ☀

Supposed to p1ss down tomorrow though. 🌧

Just in from the dentist and I'll get my bag packed for tomorrow's overnighter with Smurf as I'll be up the allotment tomorrow morning and there's the Scottish Cup tomorrow afternoon. Its all go here. ;)

Morning all, very cloudy and windy here right now, hoping for a few hours of steady rain

I've already cut a piece of aluminium to act as a hilt, fitted over the tang snug to the blade. The rest will be solid oiled hickory bored out and counter bored to accept whitworth lock nuts. Once it's on I'll shape it, including cutting the aluminium back flush with the wood...the fitting of this handle shouldn't have any permanent effect on the original blade/tang but I do want a longer than normal handle.
I think I'll go for a flat leather sheath as well.
Sounds like it's going to be nice when finished :thumbsup:

It's nearly there, I just need to do some finishing as well as some leatherwork to make up a sheath for it. I just had to take some time out to sort out this antler handle on a Solingen steel skinning knife where it had worked a little loose. I have polished out most of the sharpening scratches and put a decent edge back on it. Now I just need to sort out the sheath as well but since I want to sell this one it needs to be good.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    299.3 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    304.7 KB · Views: 61