• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

morning

Morning folks, another bright and dry day here, might go for a wobble on the push bike later..

Yes Willie, I experienced the same as your Mrs with the return of the coughing. If she has a similar affliction, be aware that it could like mine take 4 weeks before back to almost normal but don't be fooled because whatever it is may not have completely cleared from her lungs.
Soon after the coughing started I found it easier to sleep sitting in an armchair but after about a week or 10 days I thought I was better and went to bed.
04.00 hrs kneeling on the bedroom floor desperately trying to breath and coughing continuously for 15 minutes at a time in spasms. Leaves you exhausted and feeling worn out. Keep a close eye on her mate. :thumbsup:

Mornin' all, sorry to hear the news Bill, it must be really frustrating for you both, hope she mends quickly.

Just in and fed, a quick nose through the TV schedule informs me that Kelly's Heroes is on this afty, Result !

Hope you all have a good one.

The fact that Lorraine is able to cough it up and get rid of it could well be a good sign Bill.
As a young sprog I was quite sickly and always had lung infections, bronchitis, asthma etc... I actually used to get a physio thumping me on the back as I lay on a bed on my front coughing up lumps at Alder Hay.... Ah the bad old days.
Best wishes to her and I hope the high pollen count doesn't set her back. (My mum still texts me the pollen count and I'm 51)

The fact that Lorraine is able to cough it up and get rid of it could well be a good sign Bill.
As a young sprog I was quite sickly and always had lung infections, bronchitis, asthma etc... I actually used to get a physio thumping me on the back as I lay on a bed on my front coughing up lumps at Alder Hay.... Ah the bad old days.
Best wishes to her and I hope the high pollen count doesn't set her back. (My mum still texts me the pollen count and I'm 51)

They're nuts mate, all of them. I'll not rattle off all my 'manliness' points but I'm 51 (and 11/12ths) and still get the "are you not putting a coat on" sometimes when I'm stepping out. For clarity, she now lives with us rather than me living with her.... honest, I'm all groweded up with a real and non inflatable wife (happy to swap on that one right enough :lol: ).

I mind my old man telling us that he'd had to have a word with his mum about calling him "her wee laddie" to her pals when he was picking her up from holiday. He was in his 60's and about 20 stone and his mum was in her 80's and about 5' tall. Roll on a few years and my own mum has told me she wished she could have kept me and my brother at about 12 and 10. Like I said, mum's are all nuts.

I mind my old man telling us that he'd had to have a word with his mum about calling him "her wee laddie" to her pals when he was picking her up from holiday. He was in his 60's and about 20 stone and his mum was in her 80's and about 5' tall. Roll on a few years and my own mum has told me she wished she could have kept me and my brother at about 12 and 10. Like I said, mum's are all nuts.

Hey! I resemble that remark! *the fact I still call my 39yr old son 'the boy' is neither here nor there* 🤭

Morning all :)

Getting the trainers on this morning and both going for a short walk......try and blow the cobwebs out and get the blood and heart moving around :rolleyes:
Then some low impact exercise in the garden.
Missing the swimming thats for sure.

Might have an hour or two on the Playstation and VR.......pass a bit of time and have some fun. :D
Need to get a Dart board for out the back.

Have a good one :thumbsup:

Morning all there's only so much gardening a person can do without going nuts. On a more serious note one of Wendy's young residents was rushed off to hospital and died on Tuesday from the virus, she came home last night with a banging head ache and a 38.2 temperature but puts it down to having a cold but I need to keep a close eye on her. Stay safe folks

Morning all there's only so much gardening a person can do without going nuts. On a more serious note one of Wendy's young residents was rushed off to hospital and died on Tuesday from the virus, she came home last night with a banging head ache and a 38.2 temperature but puts it down to having a cold but I need to keep a close eye on her. Stay safe folks

All the best to Wendy Joe......keep a good eye on her :)

Back