• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

morning

Morning folks, Dry and overcast here. I watched the rain storms pass over the South East earlier and it looks like we will get some rain later.

Nerdy weatherman hat on...... Having lived on my boat, just wandering around for years, I got in the habit of weather watching....or get a battering...:lol:

Even now I still use this website, handy if I want to go out on the bike or for a bimble in the woods and the weather looks unsettled. Not bullet proof, but nice and visual...you can see the rain over Joe's house...:lol:

It was a lovely light show but unfortunately the rain never amounted to much

Mornin' all, sweat lashing off me and two knackered dugs, really humid here, can't wait for the 'sky show' later to clear things. Good luck with the water board Bill, I know how you feel, its extra stress you don't need. Hope the 'Yorkshire boys' have a good camp, mind and get plenty pictures for the 'show and tell'.

🥱morning folks....what a difference a day makes.....been raining 🐱and🐕....and thunder and lightning as well....now my dog is terrified of fireworks...but thunder..not even a twitch....natural sound maybe🤔
Could very well be mate because my patterdale was exactly the same, fireworks are usually a sharp crack where as thunder is more of a roll

Morning all.

Nice and clear outside not a breathe of wind.

We have a horrible feeling its going to be a stress filled day for us both today :(

We have had an 8 MONTH battle with South West Water.....the details of which I will spare you.
But in short......they are coming to the shop today to make good a terrible job they made of replacing a triple sealed inspection hatch inside of our Salon.
They ruined the flooring on their last attempt........nearly 3 MONTHS ago.....so they have to replace that as well.

Fingers crossed :rolleyes::(

how did it go mate ? all ok .

how did it go mate ? all ok .

@Matt

Happy to say that on this occasion the tradesman SWW allocated to the job actually knew what they were doing mate.
The end result was a near perfect job and finish.
It has been a long drawn out process full of frustration and poor communication...... not to mention the sheer lack of project management.
8 months of frustration......finally got there. :rolleyes:

Thanks for asking mate :thumbsup:

Morning all....off for hike and day camp with heavy load in the rain.....aye that's right Andy will prob fall on my ass as usual😗.....anyway plenty of puffing and panting ahead followed by spam with a side dish of midges😋

Morning all, not continuous rain down here just pulses moving through which gardening wise is an ideal situation, a lot cooler and fresher as well at just 18 degrees

"Pulses moving through".........will you try and grab one Joe 🤭 :D

I know....................................second word is off :rolleyes::rofl:

Only thinking of you mate :sneaky::D

Morning all....off for hike and day camp with heavy load in the rain.....aye that's right Andy will prob fall on my ass as usual😗.....anyway plenty of puffing and panting ahead followed by spam with a side dish of midges😋

Enjoy your stroll mate, the midgies are starting to become a pain eh ?

Mornin' all, thunder and lightning last night but surprisingly little rain. Looking like a crap day here but I'm trying to convince the missus to go to the allotment so I can get peace. Enjoy your day folks.

Morning all ...... bit late but this was this morning ......

D7EFB88F-FA23-42B9-B1E5-3A10CFE08008.jpeg

Morning all.

Much better out there today....blue skies and sunshine again :)
Going to be a home roast and out the back chilling day today.......sod it :rofl:
Have a few jobs I want to get on with but at the moment.......the back and legs say NO :rolleyes:

Have a good one.

More heavy rain over night, breezy and overcast here with lumps of rain passing through. A firewood day as there is no point trying to do any outside house maintainence in this.
I'm going to drop a whole stand of about 25 small ash trees that I planted 12 years ago just before ash die back arrived. It's heart breaking but since they're all infected I need to clear them and re plant before Spring.

Morning folks, sunny and breezey . Looks like the rain passed to the North of here after about Midnight, as the ground is dry. Perhaps a wander later.

Back