• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

morning

The Sun won the battle with the clouds...beautiful day now....
happy0120.gif

Walkies I think..

Attachments

• happy0120.gif
    happy0120.gif
    1,006 bytes · Views: 17
Mornin' all, another cool start to the day, certainly in the shade but it looks like its going to be another braw one. Just had my breaky roll, tattie scone, bacon and fried egg..... tres braw as they say in Espanyol.

Main plan for today is to give my shed a bit of a sort out. Tools are all over the place and some other stuff is just getting thrown about the place so needs squared away. Apart from that... maybe a wee siesta and TV. :)

Have a good day folks.

Today has been a bit crap. I woke up with an itching blister from a spider bite, we have had a lot of brown recluse spiders this year and I must have disturbed one while bringing in firewood yesterday. Over the course of the day the blister got bigger until I decided to break all the rules and drain it with a freshly boiled needle and cotton. I'm keeping it clean with Hibiscrub and hoping that it isn't going to turn into a Staph infection. Does anyone have any advice about spider bites? I've had a few over the years but this is the worst so far.
Edit; ...and no, my spidy sense isn't tingling (that joke has worn thin today)

Today has been a bit crap. I woke up with an itching blister from a spider bite, we have had a lot of brown recluse spiders this year and I must have disturbed one while bringing in firewood yesterday. Over the course of the day the blister got bigger until I decided to break all the rules and drain it with a freshly boiled needle and cotton. I'm keeping it clean with Hibiscrub and hoping that it isn't going to turn into a Staph infection. Does anyone have any advice about spider bites? I've had a few over the years but this is the worst so far.
Edit; ...and no, my spidy sense isn't tingling (that joke has worn thin today)

@Ystranc

Hi Mike.

What a bugger mate :(

Your post grabbed my attention and curiosity.
Only been bitten once by the Brown Recluse many years ago......picked it up in my hand to throw it back out in the garden.....and got bit.
At the time I had no idea that the bite could cause complications.......luckily....I suffered no ill effects......(although some may argue that point) :sneaky::p

Found this mate.

Hope it clears up soon for you :thumbsup:

Morning all :)

Its dark :D.....but the coffee is good:thumbsup:

Yesterday ended with an appointment at the Dentist at 17.30hrs.....had a bad toothache for a couple of days......ended up with swelling around the nose and eye socket in a very short period of time.
After a root canal drill and abscess drain it feels nearly as good as new this morning......antibiotics for a week.:rolleyes:

So......because I was a brave little Soldier :whistle: my Queen is taking me shopping today................................ as a treat:rolleyes::rofl:

Got more work that needs to be done.......don't want or need toothache on the Scotters trip :(

Have a good one all :thumbsup:

Toothaches, spider bites 🤷🏼‍♂️ It’s all happening in downtown wilderness this morning 😂

good morning gentlemen and a good morning to everyone, pee’in doon here, and the forecast says all day rain 👎 have a good one

Morning folks, early start as today should be boat lifting day...so it's blowing hard and rain is forecast. Can't imagine the Boat Yard being happy about boats dangling on crane wires today, but I may be lucky..

Morning all :)

Its dark :D.....but the coffee is good:thumbsup:

Yesterday ended with an appointment at the Dentist at 17.30hrs.....had a bad toothache for a couple of days......ended up with swelling around the nose and eye socket in a very short period of time.
After a root canal drill and abscess drain it feels nearly as good as new this morning......antibiotics for a week.:rolleyes:

So......because I was a brave little Soldier :whistle: my Queen is taking me shopping today................................ as a treat:rolleyes::rofl:

Got more work that needs to be done.......don't want or need toothache on the Scotters trip :(

Have a good one all :thumbsup:
Are you a man or a bloody mouse? What was wrong with going into the shed with a pair of pliers? Morning William and everyone else fairly clear here this morning but the forecast is not perfect

Spider bite is itching like hell but the swelling is going down since I drained the blister. Worst case bites apparently get a ring shaped corona of red and the skin dies off around the bite. Nothing like that so far.

Reactions: Bam
Spider bite is itching like hell but the swelling is going down since I drained the blister. Worst case bites apparently get a ring shaped corona of red and the skin dies off around the bite. Nothing like that so far.

hi mate, hope your doing well ...... have you asked the wife to throw a shoe at you every now and then ? Would help with your spidy sense 🤔👍🏻

Back