• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

morning

Just back from walking "Eddie" at the beach.......looking bleak and started to rain......wind is picking up slowly.
It was good to get out with him before the main event arrives later on.

The weather has been hideous all night with high winds and driving rain. No sign of it letting up in the near future either. Although it’s half past eight it isn’t properly light yet and there is a strange red tint to the sky from all the crap up in the atmosphere.
Louise’s family are arriving on Sunday for a few days so we’ll be putting the actual heating on rather than just lighting the wood burner (because they’re a bunch of softies) I’m also going to have to tidy up my home brewing stuff :(

The weather has been hideous all night with high winds and driving rain. No sign of it letting up in the near future either. Although it’s half past eight it isn’t properly light yet and there is a strange red tint to the sky from all the crap up in the atmosphere.
Louise’s family are arriving on Sunday for a few days so we’ll be putting the actual heating on rather than just lighting the wood burner (because they’re a bunch of softies) I’m also going to have to tidy up my home brewing stuff :(

Sounds like you are looking forward to their visit Mike 🤭:D

Morning all :)

Well.....that was quite a night.....the storm made itself known for sure.......still blowing hard this morning.
We had our wooden bin store blown over......and I think some of the contents therein will never be seen again :rofl:
Its quite a heavy piece of kit too.

Fingers crossed none of you guys have suffered to much damage :thumbsup:

Said on the news....gust of 98mph has been recorded :rolleyes:

Morning. Dog woke us in the middle of the night due to the noise and moved into the bedroom with us. Roof cover blown off shed two doors away, BBQ cover blown off but so far mostly holding up.
92mph at Berry Head this morning and our anemometer showing 38 at the moment. I seem to have bruised my left hip and am hobbling like an old git! Life is wonderful! 🥳😉

Morning all , absolute madness last night, power out and high winds with sleet…. The kids 12’ trampoline is mangled… had to weight it down with barbells and slabs after the wind almost pushed it through my back fence 🤷🏼‍♂️ And the community garden shed is in tatters 👎
11E27FDE-5BF3-4FE8-91D9-623366FB941D.jpeg

"Number One Son" is sorting me some more re-bar to knock in........if it goes over after that.....I will have to put a concrete base in and drill plug and screw the bugger down :mad::rofl:

No real damage from the storm but there are a lot of leaves to sweep up. It did get a bit wild last night and as far as I can tell we only had the edge of it.
A little snow on the high ground is all.
Picking up some twigs and pushing a brush around should see me right.

late start for me today as ive got the weekend off :) been out this morning to visit a friend with a discovery who,s having a few issues with it but 20 mins and its all sorted :) now of to visit the range in plymouth to have a look at the xmass decs :cool:

Back