• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

morning

Same here. Just back from a few days in Blackpool. I had to bunk up with another family in a taxi to get from Blackpool to Preston as the rail line was flooded😲

I take it the train company paid for it ??? Hope the rest of the trip was good.

:lol::lol::lol:Nope. They were putting on buses, when I left and there was a two hour wait, split between us the Taxi was only £8.00 and the rest of the journey was fine as I managed to hop on and off a couple of delayed trains without a long wait. Other trains were cancelled and delayed due to flooding and it did just rain!
It was nice to get away for a couple of days.

:lol::lol::lol:Nope. They were putting on buses, when I left and there was a two hour wait, split between us the Taxi was only £8.00 and the rest of the journey was fine as I managed to hop on and off a couple of delayed trains without a long wait. Other trains were cancelled and delayed due to flooding and it did just rain!
It was nice to get away for a couple of days.
It's normally my attitude that it's nice to get away from Blackpool but then again I grew up in that part of Lancashire.

It's normally my attitude that it's nice to get away from Blackpool but then again I grew up in that part of Lancashire.

I've fallen just a bit bit love with that area, more specifically Fleetwood. I'd happily move there tomorrow if I could. It was nice to visit a 'proper' bustling, functioning town with no empty shops and a good market.

I know Fleetwood well, it used to be much nicer years back before the pier was burned down and the fishing was ruined, my Father was a police officer there in the late 60's.

Mornin' all. Getting coffee on, it's cool here but sunny, was forecast for rain but we might get lucky. Out at our wee getaway in Devilla and that lazy git Smurf is still in his farter. 😂 Soon be time to head out and go home to domestic drudgery. 😭

Rain....rain.....and more rain here :D

We are off to "West Bay" today to meet our Daughter and Son in law.
Nice pub lunch.....and then a paddle in the puddles and rain afterwards :D
Hoping the Sea food shop is open.....they sell lovely Whelks 🍻

Have a good one.

Back