• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

morning

Morning All :)

A rough.... wet and windy night......still a good breeze moving the trees about.

Been gagging for a cup of coffee....so chancing a Luke warm one right now ........aghhh.....tastes good :D

Have a good one :thumbsup:

Good morning all, the weather here has turned and we had major rainfall last night. The dams are still very low so all those folks in the midlands need to stop filling hot tubs and double flushing the loo if they still want some drinking water left in September

Good morning all, the weather here has turned and we had major rainfall last night. The dams are still very low so all those folks in the midlands need to stop filling hot tubs and double flushing the loo if they still want some drinking water left in September

Brummies egh? :rolleyes: nothing but trouble Mike:whistle::rofl:

Morning all (its arvo here).

We're coming into a long weekend and have a couple of friends coming in for a camp a swim and hike.

Its been unseasonably hot here and predictably fires are burning across the district. I'm keeping an eye on a little one trickling up the valley under our house. We burnt a break along the bottom of that valley a couple of months back which should hold the fire but its been pretty breezy and the fires moving fast...
20210730_142653.jpg

Our friends are bringing a Border Collie each, one of which is The Boy's little girlfriend. Dont really want fires disrupting a chill weekend hanging out with friends and dogs...

Have a great day all!

Alan

Morning folks, A wild weather night gives way to a quiet grey morning. Heavy rain and strong winds overnight, the back garden has Sweet Chestnut leaves strewn everywhere, all stripped from a nearby tree.

Morning all (its arvo here).

We're coming into a long weekend and have a couple of friends coming in for a camp a swim and hike.

Its been unseasonably hot here and predictably fires are burning across the district. I'm keeping an eye on a little one trickling up the valley under our house. We burnt a break along the bottom of that valley a couple of months back which should hold the fire but its been pretty breezy and the fires moving fast...View attachment 34490

Our friends are bringing a Border Collie each, one of which is The Boy's little girlfriend. Dont really want fires disrupting a chill weekend hanging out with friends and dogs...

Have a great day all!

Alan

Hope you and your friends stay safe from the fires Al.....and enjoy your chill weekend :thumbsup:

Tha
Hope you and your friends stay safe from the fires Al.....and enjoy your chill weekend :thumbsup:
Thanks Willie

Fires not a threat to our personal safety we just don't want them burning into certain areas of the property (like in the rainforest). If a fire broke through our firebreaks we'd have to go running off to try and suppress it and abandon our mates...

Once we're planted on our veranda with the BBQ cooking, Gin and Tonics in hand and dogs heads on our laps the last thing we want to do is rush out chasing a fire...

Alan

Somewhere in the archives of my late father's cine films, is some of my young Mum beating the flames of a bush fire very close to our house, and a young child (me!) running around thinking how exciting this all was, and how many snakes can I catch!! (safely!!)

How things change.....:(

Gulfalan.......the beauty of that picture really takes me back in a profound way.....it could be northern Nigeria to this child!

Somewhere in the archives of my late father's cine films, is some of my young Mum beating the flames of a bush fire very close to our house, and a young child (me!) running around thinking how exciting this all was, and how many snakes can I catch!! (safely!!)

Gulfalan.......the beauty of that picture really takes me back in a profound way.....it could be northern Nigeria to this

Gulfalan.......the beauty of that picture really takes me back in a profound way.....it could be northern Nigeria to
Hey LOL that's a great recollection 🤣

Can't say I've ever thought to grab snakes flushed by a fire... Reckon I'd be with your old mum trying to suppress the flames...

Where was your country in Nigeria? I haven't been north much but made it out to Kaduna once. Prefered it to the southern states.

Funnily enough I my made home in Australia because it reminded me of Africa too.

Not just how it looks -but how the earth smells after the summer rains... Very similar.

Best wishes

Alan

Omg....that smell......and when the rains are coming....ye Gods.......
Yup lived in Kaduna for a while.....all over really dependant on Dad's posting. Really loved the north with it's Arab influences, and in the hills around Jos.....then it was a small provincial town..............

Morning folks, Dry and warm but looking a bit grey overhead. Thursday night was a bit wild with wind and rain but the real drama passed clear of here.

Back