• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Morris billhook

Woodlander

Very Addicted
carried an axe for years, and as I'm getting older I find that carrying heavy stuff is getting harder. So I swapped my axe for this Morris billhook. Be perfect for chopping, splitting and I am hoping with care can also be used as a draw knife? So a multi purpose tool. Made a simple plywood sheath to keep my kit protected while in my bag. It is super sharp.
WP_20180729_11_31_21_Pro.jpg

WP_20180729_11_31_29_Pro.jpg

WP_20180729_11_31_40_Pro.jpg

I use a modern stihl version with a leather handle, it's longer but with a thinner blade. Very lightweight for a bill hook but a great multipurpose tool all the same. If you cut a slot into a length of steel pipe so it fits over the blade you can also use them as a frow for splitting shingles.

If you cut a slot into a length of steel pipe so it fits over the blade you can also use them as a frow for splitting shingles.
I like the idea of that Ystranc, any chance of a pic please to elaborate?

Back