• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

mot

From what I overheard the other day, there are some new MOT rules in the pipeline for next April. If any motor is over 40 years old it wont need an MOT apparently, but some of the other new rules will thin out a few. I heard that if you take a motor in a couple of weeks early before the MOT expires like I often do, and it fails...that's it, the current MOT becomes void. :eek: :D

Think that's been the case for some time now.
I've got a transit and frankly I'm a little disappointed in it. Ok so it's on a 09 plate but only just over 50,000 on the clock and it failed this mot on suspension rubbers and I also needed a new leaf spring on the back and that's on top of the turbo going at around the 42,000 mark.

No matter what you drive....there will always be something to do on them :D
It's just a matter of how much :rolleyes::D

Remember years ago while struggling to get by....... when we were first married.......... having a Ford Corsair V4.........went like :poo: off a shovel :rofl:
That thing was held together with aluminium foil tape/tubs of body filler and the cills I filled with mortar and slathered blackjack over the top to get through the M.O.T
Exhaust wrapped with old bean tins and gum putty.
They were the days :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not a chance of doing that these days.............THANK GOD!!!!:whistle::rofl:

Anyone can own a car....it’s keeping it on the road that’s the problem.....something my father used to say when we took the car to the garage. Never understood it until I owned one:rofl: it’s understood now:rofl:

First car was an astra sport. Cost me £900 and a month later £480 for the mot :eek:

@Matt nice one mate always a smile day when the car goes through :thumbsup: You must have rebuilt it by now lol

the landy has had the last laugh :(...was sluggish starting this morning :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:....battery is f*cked .....wouldnt start when i left work so used the garage jump pack to get it going :cool:..will order a new battery tomorrow ...spose 6 yrs is good from the old battery (and lets face it its had some harsh conditions to work in )

the landy has had the last laugh :(...was sluggish starting this morning :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:....battery is f*cked .....wouldnt start when i left work so used the garage jump pack to get it going :cool:..will order a new battery tomorrow ...spose 6 yrs is good from the old battery (and lets face it its had some harsh conditions to work in )

Mate I would be smiling ear to ear if it was me :thumbsup: battery is nothing :D saying that nowt wrong would be better lol

Get a bicycle, no MOT, no licence, no tax, no insurance, almost zero emissions so healthier for the planet. It will also keep you fit and help you live longer.
:)

Back