• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Mountain men, Alaskan bush people and similar TV shows

lee

Slightly Obsessed
Mountain men.. .. . anyone watching this on history channel, a great show one of tonight episodes covered fur trapping by a great pair of old timers who trap by canoe and a very good detailed hand forging of a knife. My new top show! Recommended and just as much if not more to be learnt here than from other survival and bushcraft shows.

Mountain men.. .. . anyone watching this on history channel, a great show one of tonight episodes covered fur trapping by a great pair of old timers who trap by canoe and a very good detailed hand forging of a knife. My new top show! Recommended and just as much if not more to be learnt here than from other survival and bushcraft shows.
And have you noticed that most of them are tough old boys from the older generation

watching all the old episodes, yeah like the old timers makes a change from so called survival experts these old boys are the real deal!

watching all the old episodes, yeah like the old timers makes a change from so called survival experts these old boys are the real deal!

With the kind of life they lead they have to be, especially Marty out on the trap line for weeks at a time

A good life but as you get older a hard life. Marty dont other with shelters lol haven't seen his plane yet

A good life but as you get older a hard life. Marty dont other with shelters lol haven't seen his plane yet
Watch enough of IG and you will because its his lifeline. He may not bother to much with shelters simply because he knows which side of a bush to sleep under and exactly where to site his fire

Loving this show I'm midway through season 3 don't think I can find season 1 and 2 I've got all of 4 recorded and 5 is currently playing

Loving this show I'm midway through season 3 don't think I can find season 1 and 2 I've got all of 4 recorded and 5 is currently playing
You'll enjoy every minute of it Lee then go back for more

I've noticed they all use those basket back packs, think I will get Kelly one so she can carry more kit and I can dump my tools in their easier when I'm finished with them :rofl:

I've noticed they all use those basket back packs, think I will get Kelly one so she can carry more kit and I can dump my tools in their easier when I'm finished with them :rofl:
Oh dear:eek: I hope she's not reading this:lol:

Tom and Marty are my favs in this series are they in series 4 and 5?

A few episodes made it on Youtube. At least I believe it's the same show. I thought it was a very much staged show? But maybe it's something different on Youtube?

Back