• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
"Fantasy" is right, if we all followed the script we'd be dead in a week, film makers don't have a clue about survival, its all about ratings and cash receipts anyway. if you want to know about survival you'd be better of watching Ray Mears programme's, at least he knows what he's talking about, which is more than I can say for film makers.

if you want to know what life will be like post collapse take a look at "Tales from the green valley"...available on youtube.

Can you recommend any shtf survival type movies? NOT the home made prepper movies, but real movies that are fun to watch.
Keith.

"Fantasy" is right, if we all followed the script we'd be dead in a week, film makers don't have a clue about survival, its all about ratings and cash receipts anyway. if you want to know about survival you'd be better of watching Ray Mears programme's, at least he knows what he's talking about, which is more than I can say for film makers.

I believe Keith is after some entertainment. Nothing more.

If you can overlook the Zombie aspect ( which tends to be a environmental plot tool rather than the main threat ) then the following may offer some entertainment.

Films

28 Days Later
28 weeks later
The Girl With all the Gifts.

TV ( Youtube )

The Walking Dead ( again - zombies are just the background noise - its the Character Vs Character interaction of survival that is the real entertainment here )

Fear The Walking Dead ( More of the above from a different Perspective )

I haven't read the book, but yes that is typical. most "James Bond" books are better than the films which are overhyped.

Not entirely true lone film makers research the hell out of things these days so a movie on post shtf would probably be the closest thing to a real life scenario as we could get and shouldn't be overlooked. They also hire the best money could buy survivalists to make sure they stay on track

I found this one quite realistic in regards to fear of other people & not being able to trust anyone, warranted or not. Just a short film but quite well done.
Keith.

I found this one quite realistic in regards to fear of other people & not being able to trust anyone, warranted or not. Just a short film but quite well done.
Keith.

Decisions a would never like to make... powerful movie however short.. it still makes a few horrible points of how fubar things could get and how potent protecting a loved one and ones self could get

Keith.

I was going to post this the other day after watching it myself Keith. I liked it as well and I though it was an excellent example of how peoples perspectives are immediately going to be difficult to ascertain even although both parties are trying to do the right thing for 'themselves'.

Decisions a would never like to make... powerful movie however short.. it still makes a few horrible points of how fubar things could get and how potent protecting a loved one and ones self could get
I was going to post this the other day after watching it myself Keith. I liked it as well and I though it was an excellent example of how peoples perspectives are immediately going to be difficult to ascertain even although both parties are trying to do the right thing for 'themselves'.
Exactly.
Keith.

It begs the questions

Would there be a place for humanity views In post shtf or would we have to shrug it altogether to survive
I think it would be very tricky Mark not knowing if you could trust someone or not. Too much to lose.
Keith.

I think it would be very tricky Mark not knowing if you could trust someone or not. Too much to lose.
Keith.

That's the conundrum Keith a tend to struggle a lot with this one lol. A think the answer lies With the beholder. Maybe in a group luxury of trust would be allowed....as for a man/woman on there own or with a small family they would have to act without trust a think....

Back