• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Mr Buddy portable heater.

@Harry Palmer

Cheers Harry :thumbsup:

Perhaps I will bin the idea now mate.......thank you for the feedback and advice :thumbsup:

I do get a bit OCD.....as well as OTT :whistle::rofl::thumbsup:

Hi all, I’m new to this site and looking for advice. I live in Scotland and love winter camping. However, trying to pursuance my girlfriend isn’t so easy so looking at getting a heater. I’ve got a Berghaus Air 4 so decent size to play with. I was trying to get hold of s Coleman SportCat but they’re nowhere to be found!!

Any thoughts??

Thanks

Hi all, I’m new to this site and looking for advice. I live in Scotland and love winter camping. However, trying to pursuance my girlfriend isn’t so easy so looking at getting a heater. I’ve got a Berghaus Air 4 so decent size to play with. I was trying to get hold of s Coleman SportCat but they’re nowhere to be found!!

Any thoughts??

Thanks

@sgd999

Compliments to you on a nice family tent.............I like the idea of the Air Beams :thumbsup:

I was in the same position as you a little while ago.....looking out for a tent heater and spent a lot of time researching the options.
There are a goodly few out there to choose from varying in performance/safety....... and price.

The tent you have has quite a large area to heat and to be honest I do not think the "Coleman Sportcat" will be enough for you.
I own and use the Sportcat and it is ok to take the chill off inside a small 3 man tent......just!
So I would think twice about that one and save your money :thumbsup:

I opted for the "Mr Heater Portable" as most of my camping is in the woods rather than on managed sites.......so its size/weight and performance suits my personal needs.

Have you given this type of thing some thought.........it will deliver a useful controllable heat.........and........make you toast :D:thumbsup:
Held in place with a couple of good tent pegs it may do the job better for you......given the size of your tent.

NEW WITH HOSE & REGULATOR 4.5 KW PROPANE CAMPING CALOR GAS BUILDERS SITE HEATER | eBay

The tent you have is well ventilated and fire retardent........but without stating the obvious.....care is needed with the use of ANY gas heater in a tent :thumbsup:

Good luck with your search.........be sure to let us know how you get on;)

Edit to add:

There are a few on eBay second hand in reasonable condition.
If you have to add new hoses........regulators and maybe pay for a service you may as well buy new and have peace of mind as its being used in a tent primarily.

Last edited:
@Detek :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum......how did you find us?.........we are pleased to see you here.
Please take a moment to introduce yourself in the welcome section.......tell us a bit about yourself and the type of camping Bushcraft that interests you.

Welcomes & Introductions

Thank you for your interest in the Mr Heater:thumbsup:

To be honest and quite frank......I am in two minds what to do :)
I believe I said I would sell the heater for £90.00. + postage/courier charges.......tracked and signed for :thumbsup:

Need to have a word with my "Number One Son" as I may gift it to him and his family for their camping trips.

I will get back to you.....thank you again :thumbsup:

Last edited:
The Heater turned up today.

When I saw the box I thought ohhhhh :poo:......they have sent the bigger model....but it was all due to the packaging inside the box :D
Also ordered the hose to enable use with bigger bottles as well as the Coleman 1lb bottles.
A 3.9kg....8lb bottle £17.00 will be ideal for use with the tent and will give approx 48hrs burn time on low setting 4000BTUs.
Will use an even bigger bottle for use in the shed so it should work out pretty economical to run.

Attached a 1lb bottle and turned it on.....they say to leave on high until the plate turns orange and then adjust the temperature to suit.
This little thing throws out a LOT of heat on high.........and it's not too shabby on the low setting either.
The footprint of the heater is large and the height compliments that making it very stable.
I gave it a nudge before attaching the bottle and it takes some knocking over.

The casing and handle appear to be made well and the paintwork should protect the unit from corrosion as will the hard plastic base.

So yes.......well happy with it.

View attachment 14862
View attachment 14863
View attachment 14864

View attachment 14866
View attachment 14867

View attachment 14868

Happy days and warm nights.
Hi, I know this an old thread, however I have just acquired a Buddy Portable heater and I would like to connect it to 5KG Calor gas tank. I see that the F273704 hose is the correct hosing, my question is, how does this hose hook onto a UK propane tank, did you need to buy an adapter. Any help greatly appreciated.

Hello @async74

The conecter is a screw in one......Will fit both sizes......Great little heater....enjoy 👍
Thanks for the reply, I cannot see how it would connect to one of these. Also, do you know of any UK stockists or is it import only? TIA

Attachments

• s-l500.png
    s-l500.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 53
Aghh....that type of bottle will need a different push down and lock in conecter......I use the standard Calour gas type bottles.

Red bottles mate.
Unfortunately no pictures of the complete set up.
Once you have it sorted you will be very happy with it.

Back