• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Mrs Sunak?

Manthing

Administrator
Staff member
If I've got this right, and I may not have, the opposition have just bullied a foreign woman into paying taxes she's not due to pay.
No matter what her holding and investments are here, pressuring someone to do something they don't have to do or most probably dont want to do is just bullying.
Just think about that, a group of mp's just bullied a foreign female into doing something there's no legal reason for her to do.
What they should have done was raise questions about her non dom status to see if she still met the criteria.

If I've got this right, and I may not have, the opposition have just bullied a foreign woman into paying taxes she's not due to pay.
No matter what her holding and investments are here, pressuring someone to do something they don't have to do or most probably dont want to do is just bullying.
Just think about that, a group of mp's just bullied a foreign female into doing something there's no legal reason for her to do.
What they should have done was raise questions about her non dom status to see if she still met the criteria.
Ah but that might seem like they were a bunch of xenophobic racists 😈 and not just some smug politically aware concerned citizens 😇.
No one really wants to pay tax, is it bullying if I’m told to pay tax. 🙄

Last edited:
Ah but that might seem like they were a bunch of xenophobic racists 😈 and not just some smug politically aware concerned citizens 😇.
No one really wants to pay tax, is it bullying if I’m told to pay tax. 🙄
If its tax your not legally required required to pay, I'd say yes it is.

If you qualify as a US citizen you also qualify to pay taxes to the US IRS. It's bizarre! I know people that were born in the USA because their mothers happened to be there at the time. That qualifies them to be US citizens, and, as such, they should make income declarations to the IRS. They moved back to the UK before they were old enough to go to school and have never been back, but they are still liable for US taxes. For the majority of people this really makes no difference, but if you make it BIG - watch out! You can, of course, renounce your US citizenship... except that you cannot renounce your US citizenship because you don't want to pay their taxes - Catch 22!

It's all politics, don't get involved :eek: I'm sure Mr Sunak, being the chancellor of the exchequer and all that, would be well aware of the tax regulations and not let his wife be bullied or cajoled into paying anything not required of her.

It's all politics, don't get involved :eek: I'm sure Mr Sunak, being the chancellor of the exchequer and all that, would be well aware of the tax regulations and not let his wife be bullied or cajoled into paying anything not required of her.
She’ll probably get it back as a rebate….with interest.

But that's the whole point, as a non dom she's not required to pay what she's "agreed" to pay.
That's why they should have gone after the non dom status.

But is she ‘non-dom’ to avoid (which isn’t illegal whereas evasion is) paying tax, which doesn’t look good when your husband is the Chancellor and responsible for asking others to pay tax and he is one of the leading contenders for becoming a future PM?

I think she's been non dom a lot longer than he's been chancellor, possibly longer than he's been an mp.
That's playing the long game. 😁

She lives in the uk so she should pay uk taxes. Just my opinion…. On the other hand if I could doge taxes legally then would I ? Conflicting!

Don’t hate the players, hate the game !

Our systems are truly designed round the rich and wealthy to allow people with a certain pay bracket to stay wealthy as long as their contributions are noticeable to the government they are left alone until a point they are thrown into the public domain 🤷🏼‍♂️

So in summary for me ! If she can dodge the tax man through government legislation then fair play to the lass, obviously they have done the homework 👍🏻

She was paying taxes on uk earnings by the looks of what's been said. Risi also gave all relevant information to the correct committee at the correct time, its the green eyed goblins of the "it's not fair party" that wanted more, more, more.

Well if she’s legally dodging tax then fair play to her 👍🏻 It’s the system that’s flawed, it’s only logical that people who know how to will and do use it to their benefit, laws of nature! Much like the racket the rich and famous have with helping the needy, some do it to help and claim tax relief and some to claim the tax relief , period! Are they evil? My opinion is There smart!! And some , a little morally wrong and some very morally wrong, however legal

The green eyed goblin can moan and moan it’s what they’re designed and obligated, taught, learned to do🤷🏼‍♂️ What is , is ! Well that’s how I look at things lol

Only the humble and skint are honest 😁 and politicians are neither 🤷🏼‍♂️

Back