• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

multi shovel

bigzitt

Quite Addicted
i bought this yesterday, but my question is...........

why have a bottle opener on the main shovel part, it'd be a bit dirty wouldn't it, just tought it's a bit daft.

haha it does sound a bit daft. but theres nothing worse than having a beer and not being able to open it. is it one of the foldable shovels that double up as a pick axe?

I doubt whether the top edge of the shovel will get dirty, its hard driving a shovel like that far into the ground, the top edges will stay clean, I sometimes use a shovel like that to cook bread on, mucky or not! one blast in the fire kills anything on it anyway!

i'm not worried about a bit of dirt, its good for ya, both immune system and it releases endorphins that make you happy.;)

its just the last place i'd expect to see a bottle opener, anyone buying such a peice of kit would obviously be able to open a bottle without any tools anyway.

What a cracking bottle opener, I must have one!!!!!!!!. Geoff.:hp-beer::hp-beer:(£11 on eBay yes?)

i bought this yesterday, but my question is...........

why have a bottle opener on the main shovel part, it'd be a bit dirty wouldn't it, just tought it's a bit daft.
Don't know if you have had a chance to use it yet but can you let us know if it's any good when you have. It looks brilliant.

Sorry fellas but i have to disagree.... firstly hands up who is bringing a multi-tool or swiss army knife?? It has a bottle opener!! Hands up who is bringing one of them metal tin openers?? Yep that has one too!!... and who is bringing a lighter?? Turn it upside down... ledge bottle top and push!! Will there be a wall?? Same principle as a lighter!! and who is bringing real teeth?? yep they work to open bottles too!! :D so what purpose will a spade with a bottle opener serve?? maybe if digging your garden and fancy a beer?? To me £1 for a collapsible spade was a bargain.... a whole £10 cheaper!!

hahaha thats the most random place for a bottle opener. whoever designed it was a top lad. bottle openers are handy

was that the shovel that phil was chopping the logs with??

twas an army entrenching tool. its a folding shovel, only quite strong with a serated edge on one side for cutting rootd when your diggin. also good as an axe...ish.
so, no, it wasnt. mine was quite good as an axe, not quite heavy enough for larger stuff, but sharp. and because it was so cold i couldnt get the axe head off he handle without using a rock as a hammer to knock it off, the saw was good but kinda difficult to get out, espesially if its been pushed in a bit. for 12 quid not too bad, i'll take it again if only to use as a small chopper.
if you've not got one i wouldn't suggest buying one, just have a proper hand axe and saw, you'll always be able to dig some where to dump anyway, with the other tools you may carry

Back