• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Keith

Very Addicted
I have carried this belt pouch for many years, it contains my greased fire bag with tinderbox (flint & steel fire lighting), fishing tackle in a brass container, & a brass sundial compass.
Belt_Pouch_New_Belt_Loops_001_REDUCED.jpg

Belt_pouch_contents_Reduced.jpg

Nice kit Keith it looks well used and loved.
Did you make the belt and pouches yourself?
The fire steel looks to be a good usable size...easy to hold onto.
Have you used the fishing kit very much to provide a meal?

Nice kit Keith it looks well used and loved.
Did you make the belt and pouches yourself?
The fire steel looks to be a good usable size...easy to hold onto.
Have you used the fishing kit very much to provide a meal?

I made the pouch myself, & added the buckle to the existing belt which is pretty old. The fire steel is a good one, a copy of an early 18th century English design, but now I use an original 18th century fire steel. No I haven't used the fishing tackle, not that I have not had the opportunity I guess but I just have not got round to it. Funnily enough I saw a cormorant coming out of Cattail Pond today & it looked as though it had a fish & I was thinking that I ought to make time to throw a line in. I might do that soon.
Keith.
Fire_Steel_2_SMALL.jpg

The fire steel I carry now. Well used as you can see over a 300 year period.

Good job on the pouches.
That steel has thrown a few good sparks in its time.....like that:thumbsup:

have a similar thing that had been a magazine pouch once upon a time. Took the internals out, a bit of stitching and a lot of polishing.....quite handy indeed, perhaps a little big, but useful for odds and sods when shooting field archery, too.
Not as lovely as yours though:rolleyes:

Gday to ya kieth long time no see mate love your gear esp the Hudson bay tinder box always loved the old gear

Back