• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

My day pack

urbanghost

Very Talkative
I know I haven't know you all that long but I feel the need to show you my bits!:whistle:
So this is my pack I normally carry when I go out for the day. At the moment its packed for the woods and mountain, but when I go to the shore I add other stuff like a shrimp net and sea fishing equipment. There is usually a tarp in there but it is drying out from the weekend. Everything fits in the 25l pack, yes even the rifle.
IMG_2570.JPG IMG_2572.JPG IMG_2571.JPG IMG_2574.JPG
So as the saying goes, I'll show you mine if you show me yours:)

Looking good Ghost......thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:
Nice rifle too.

Are you happy with what you have so far.....do you think it covers all the bases for what you want in the outdoors?
Or are there other bits and bobs you would like to add at some point?

Looking good Ghost......thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:
Nice rifle too.

Are you happy with what you have so far.....do you think it covers all the bases for what you want in the outdoors?
Or are there other bits and bobs you would like to add at some point?

I have most of what I need for what I do. I have been building my kit up over the years and got it pretty well dialled in. There is stuff I would like but really I would only be buying them because I would like them not because I need them, so most of what I buy these days is either to replace something broken, if I cant fix it, or to upgrade to a better version of something I have. I have a larger 50l sack that I take for extended outings which has tarps, bivies and other camping stuff but its a bit big to take out for the day and I wouldn't use most of it.
What I have in the smaller everyday sack could keep me going for a few days really, apart from water which is quite bulky and heavy to carry in great quantities and I have a filter which I use, we don't have a shortage of water in south wales its been raining here now for about 2 months everyday. I have multiple ways to light a fire in there and the tarp keeps me dry when I stop for food. Everything else I need I collect when I'm out, plenty of fish, rabbits, woodpigeons etc about in this area along with plants to eat so I don't go hungry. I also make my own jerky and dryed foods in a dehydrator that I take with me but it only gets eaten usually during winter when there is not so much about to find.

Proper job mate......what foods do you like to dry?

Mostly beef and fruit and sometimes yogurt. Home made jerky is much better than shop bought. I find shop stuff is like rubber after making my own. The fruit I get from my garden, I have apple trees, gooseberries, currants and grapes that come every year and then things like strawberries that I plant every year. Tomatoes are pretty good to and turn out like sundried, these go into soups when I'm out. Mushrooms are chucked in it as well and these go into soups and stews.
You can pretty much put anything in the dehydrator.

yes
Some nice kit there @urbanghost have a couple of those sporks nice for the price :) but you do realise of course the yoyo reel is illegal to use ;)
yes they are illegal if left unattended and can't be used in fresh water as handlines are illegal. If you use them in the sea and stay with them then they become just another fishing reel and are quite legal as you don't need a licence for most sea areas and handlines are legal. I normally set them up for sea fishing when I camp on the beach.
Though if you fitted it to a stick and were properly licenced for river fishing, technically it becomes a rod and reel.:whistle:
But they do come in handy as a snare as long as it is free running and not a locking type snare.
For fresh water I use a pen rod and reel which fits easily in the bag and is used with the float setups that are in the picture in a packet

yes

yes they are illegal if left unattended and can't be used in fresh water as handlines are illegal. If you use them in the sea and stay with them then they become just another fishing reel and are quite legal as you don't need a licence for most sea areas and handlines are legal. I normally set them up for sea fishing when I camp on the beach.
Though if you fitted it to a stick and were properly licenced for river fishing, technically it becomes a rod and reel.:whistle:
But they do come in handy as a snare as long as it is free running and not a locking type snare.
Nice to see someone has done there homework

Back