• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

My dog has jumped the gun a little.

Ystranc

Administrator
Staff member
Holly my old lurcher has jumped the gun and taken a pheasant before the season has opened. Since there was obviously no way to bring it back from the dead I have decided to eat the evidence. Celery, shallots, carrot, potato and pearl barley with water and chicken stock. Pan fried the pheasant breast (she'd mangled the rest) along with the shallots and then into a stew pot on a low heat.
I'll take a photo later on when it's done.
I'm off out now to top a clear field of fire and set a feeder to bring more of them onto my land. Mwahahaha.

Holly my old lurcher has jumped the gun and taken a pheasant before the season has opened. Since there was obviously no way to bring it back from the dead I have decided to eat the evidence. Celery, shallots, carrot, potato and pearl barley with water and chicken stock. Pan fried the pheasant breast (she'd mangled the rest) along with the shallots and then into a stew pot on a low heat.
I'll take a photo later on when it's done.
I'm off out now to top a clear field of fire and set a feeder to bring more of them onto my land. Mwahahaha.
Are you going to shotgun them Mike or use the air rifle and give them a sporting chance

I was going to use the .22lr with hollowpoint subsonics at 50 meters and give them absolutely no chance at all. Hopefully I'll be able to knock off a couple of cock pheasants each time before they realise what is going on.

I was going to use the .22lr with hollowpoint subsonics at 50 meters and give them absolutely no chance at all. Hopefully I'll be able to knock off a couple of cock pheasants each time before they realise what is going on.
sounds like a plan mate, at least you wont be breaking you teeth on lead shot:rofl:

Reactions: Bam
It tasted better than it looked... The pheasant was more of a seasoning than a meat but it was only the first of many this year.
image.jpeg

Back