• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Keith

Very Addicted
Fire_Bag_3_REDUCED.jpg
fire_bag_013_REDUCED.jpg

This is my fire bag, it is made of clothing weight leather & greased to make it waterproof. It contains my tinderbox. Rolling the top down keeps the water out & I carry this in my belt pouch. I had to swim my boat to shore one winter on the Great Lakes, hit by a sudden storm the boat was swamped & it was pouring with rain. I had no trouble getting a fire going as soon as I got to shore.
Keith.

Not a nice experience at any time of the year Keith........ glad you came out of it O.K.
No doubt the fire was very welcome at the time to get warm and dry.

It's at times like this that well practised and confident fire lighting skills could save life.

@Keith

This is a leather pouch I made for one my fire kits Keith......the one I use mostly.

Yours being a more traditional set up....mine a little more modern.
All I have in there are my Firebiscuits, ferro rod, and the Firebox.
No matter the weather I know I can always get a fire going with this set up.:thumbsup:

DSC03000.JPG

DSC03001.JPG

I keep on changing my fire kit, it's never the same for any 2 back to back trips, why ? Location, weather, food types I'm taking and what stove I'll be taking, might have to put a edc kit together for an emergency fire ????

@Keith

This is a leather pouch I made for one my fire kits Keith......the one I use mostly.

Yours being a more traditional set up....mine a little more modern.
All I have in there are my Firebiscuits, ferro rod, and the Firebox.
No matter the weather I know I can always get a fire going with this set up.:thumbsup:

Great looking pouch, well done, beautiful work:thumbsup:
Keith.

Back