• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

My Fire Kit

Gazo

Slightly Obsessed
Fire Kit
What do you carry in your fire kit.
Made this one up but just wondering if I could add anything else as I still have a bit of room in the box.

20120407_015753.jpg

1….. 3 x film canisters 2 x stuffed with cotton wool balls and 1 x with wood shavings
2….. Fire steel & Striker
3….. Army Rat pack matches.
4….. 2 x cheap lighters with LED lights
5….. Cut up strips of bike inner tube
6….. Small plastic water tight tub

The whole thing measures 6 ½ “ x 4” so will fit into a large jacket pocket or any pocket in your ruck sack

20120407_015904.jpg 20120407_020638.jpg

Attachments

• 20120407_015753.jpg
    20120407_015753.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 124
  • 20120407_015904.jpg
    20120407_015904.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 20120407_020638.jpg
    20120407_020638.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 129
I've got about four cubic metres of decent moss and lawn thatch from work if anyone is interested in some tinder?
It will need drying out though. Scarify your lawn Gazo and see what you come up with;)

you could do with a few cotton balls soaked in some alcohol/meths/white spirit (then kept in an air tight container)....ideal for the damp fire starting

errrr I carry a lighter and a fire steel as back up does that count as a kit?

I've got about four cubic metres of decent moss and lawn thatch from work if anyone is interested in some tinder?
It will need drying out though. Scarify your lawn Gazo and see what you come up with;)

put some in a bag for me ian...........bring it to barrys meet please....kiss kiss

put some in a bag for me ian...........bring it to barrys meet please....kiss kiss

I'll see what I can fit in the car mate, then you can teach me how to light a fire with a steel;)

I have a very technical fire kit,I use a bic lighter and tindercard.If I'm feeling very bushy I also carry some dry birch bark and a fire steel.I find both work very well,you can light the tindercard with a firesteel too.

i find the quickest way with a steel is by striking with a axe , this is what i tryd on our last visit out with some special tinder second strike and we was off

i find the quickest way with a steel is by striking with a axe , this is what i tryd on our last visit out with some special tinder second strike and we was off

Sounds like a quick way to shave your fingers off mate:eek: but I'm sure you know what you're doing;)

A couple of refillable lighters and a canister of lighter fluid... If there's no dry kindling about, spray some lighter fluid on virtually anything and it's an instant firelighter lol

Back