• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

My Holly dog has just been in for a hernia op.

Ystranc

Administrator
Staff member
She's now looking a bit sorry for herself having been unzipped and sewn up again a bit more neatly. She's wearing one of my old tshirts to stop her from picking at her stitches
image.jpeg

Two weeks until her stitches come out and another two weeks until she's allowed off her lead.
Brambling, it was either the bobbly old blue t shirt or the cone of shame...I think she got off lightly. :rofl:
Well Mike she probably looks better in the T shirt than you did :lol: As you well know dogs are very resilient and she'll be back to normal before you know it

As soon as I got into the vets I could hear her "singing" that she wanted to go out to poo. Apart from her going for the throat of any dog that looks in the slightest like it's trying to be dominant over her she is totally perfect. She's already seeming more like herself as the drugs wear off, she will be having metacam pain relief in her meals for the rest of the week and not be out of my sight.
Again, thank you all.

If anything she's a little too lively, I need to stop her from getting excited and greeting anyone who so much as makes eye contact with her...she seems fine.

If anything she's a little too lively, I need to stop her from getting excited and greeting anyone who so much as makes eye contact with her...she seems fine.

Sounds mean but cut back on the pain killers, if she's sore she'll rest it.

It doesn't sound mean at all Bam, I don't think she's needed it so I haven't given her any at all in the hope that she won't push herself. It's no good masking pain that is there to warn her that she's overdoing it. Obviously if she seems restless or uncomfortable I'll rethink that.

Reactions: Bam
Back