• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

My Lightweight Quest ......

Fault No1 !

I think, the best way is to reduce in the summer really next to nothing, and to add than if it becomes colder additional clothing and other stuff.

In Germany now the temperatures reach 1*C and today I bought some long Merino 190g/m2 base layers.

Till yesterday I was tricking with the additional rain trousers and wearing two T-shirts, what means using the spare clothing too.

I usually have a mobil phone with me which showes me the temperature.
If I would go for overnighters I would let the phone at home and take a small thermometer with, to become sure, in which temperatures I use and need which clothing.

I pay attention in this till the end of this summer and find it very interesting.

Trousers or shorts? T-shirt under the shirt or not.
Before I never thought about and surely took for years to much with me.

Today I think, in France and Germany in the summer swimming breefs are enough "spare clothing". One T-shirt worn or in the ruck sack is enough, if you use a normal, traditional long sleeved shirt.

Of course in spring it's different, and surely in winter times!

Back