• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

My little one is starting school.

Scots Squid

Slightly Talkative
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum so my first post is regarding my little 5yr old daughter who is very keen on nature and wildlife animals :).

Anyway, today was her first day in Primary school so she already has a school uniform and a new school bag which we got during the summer holidays.

We still need to find gym shoes and a warm waterproof jacket because the school didn't issue her one (we thought they would) so any suggestions would be much appreciated :).

Also, if there is anything else we need, again I would be very grateful for the advice :).

Welcome squid, good luck with the sprog starting school.... I can't help with suggestions but she'll probably want what her new school friends have... That tends to be the case.

Welcome to the forum, I wouldn't go nuts on a jacket, the wee one will grow out of it soon enough. Have you got a Go Outdoors or similar near to you, get yourselves along and try some on. Good luck with it.

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum so my first post is regarding my little 5yr old daughter who is very keen on nature and wildlife animals :).

Anyway, today was her first day in Primary school so she already has a school uniform and a new school bag which we got during the summer holidays.

We still need to find gym shoes and a warm waterproof jacket because the school didn't issue her one (we thought they would) so any suggestions would be much appreciated :).

Also, if there is anything else we need, again I would be very grateful for the advice :).
Welcome to the family Scott

Welcome to the family Scott

Welcome Squid. Hope your little girls first day went well.
My little one is the same and she's only 3 this year. Me and the OH got her one of those all in one waterproofs from tresspass on sale at £11. They do the rain jackets the same at about £15-20 quid, or get something cheap from decathlon or the like. Used off ebay is good too. Having got older kids too I know how quick they go thru jackets and shoes, and just about everything else! I wouldn't bother with anything expensive, cheap and reliable at this age because you will be lucky if anything lasts more than a term. Once bought my son 2 jackets in a week cos he'd "lost" it, after £150 on those I learnt that its better to go cheaper in the long run.

We had a 5 minute meltdown this morning because she did not want to wear the jacket which we have borrowed from her friend until we get a new one and when we did eventually get it on, she then had a meltdown when the zip was getting fastened :(.

We had a 5 minute meltdown this morning because she did not want to wear the jacket which we have borrowed from her friend until we get a new one and when we did eventually get it on, she then had a meltdown when the zip was getting fastened :(.
Kids will be kids squid:lol:

• Haha
Reactions: Bam
As others have said decathlon or go outdoors have been my default shops or my local garden centre which has a regatta outlet.

Yes thats a great make but expensive.
Theres these for an idea
Depends on your requirements, the school's dresscode, and your budget.

Jack wolfskin. Got my lad one and it’s never failed him yet. Worth the money imo... hope this helps :thumbsup:

Here you go :thumbsup: av also added an all in one that we use for our kids they work a treat. I would suggest to get a size up for the all in one:thumbsup:

Back