• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

My Mora arrived today

Gazo

Slightly Obsessed
I needed a knife as I did not have one so went for the Morakniv Companion MG Clipper carbon steel Knife from the woodlore shop at £10.50 you can't moan.
Super sharp, I have a bald patch on my arm to prove :)
It will do me till I can save enough to get a nice homemade one from HillBill :)

IMAG0618.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0618.jpg
    IMAG0618.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 175
I've got a Mora Clipper, excellent knives. Think I paid a tenner for mine and I got carbon steel.

It may seem sharp when it arrives but you can get them sharper;)

Bear in mind that the clipper is designed to have a micro secondary bevel. If you sharpen this out then the edge has a tendency to roll. Keep the micro bevel.:)

Good knives though. I have 4 moras atm, 2 different woodcarvers, a 510 and their drawknife. All good, but i'm not a fan of the drawknife, too small for me.

The mora 510 imo was the best one about, but they stopped making it. Its designed to have a flat scandi grind so no micro bevel and the handle is really comfortable.
Ray Mears and Woodlore revive the discontinued Mora 510 Knife | Woodlore Blog

I never noticed a micro bevel on my mora, I sharpen it flat and can't say I've had any problems. I have had problems on Opinels when they get a bit old though.

Sound cutting tool.

Over the years I've had everything from a clipper to a woodlore and truth be told I have spent a small fortune on knives and yet I still prefer the mora knife to any other. I presently am a fan of the Mora Triflex.

The price is great - the metal used for the blades is excellent and the plastic sheath is easily cleaned and maintained etc - what more could you want??

Back