• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

my new additions! :D

RunSilentRunDeep

Extremely Talkative
I thought id add a bit of an update to my other postings regarding my FAC and SGC. I was approved for both this month so went out and had a good old drool at the local RFD, The Gun Room at Ivybridge, and promptly brow beat poor mark for 3 and a bit hours haha. Got myself a good deal on a new Savage Arms Mk2 BTVSS .22LR rifle and a 2nd hand Bettinsoli Silver O/U shotgun plus lots of extras for both. Took them both out for a spin last weekend so thought would show them on here foe you guys n gals to see my new additions to the ever growing collection! Haha. I know stainless isnt everyones cuppa Tea but i like it and it wont corrode as fast as a blued barrel and with the UK weather thought itd be a shrewd move! Haha. Anyhoo let me know what you think? Any suggestions for extras are welcome :)
View attachment 12525View attachment 12526View attachment 12527View attachment 12528View attachment 12529

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-22-18-00-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-22-18-00-40.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG-20150320-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20150320-WA0000.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 20150317_180959.jpg
    20150317_180959.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 20150317_181102.jpg
    20150317_181102.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 20150317_181043.jpg
    20150317_181043.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 68
I thought id add a bit of an update to my other postings regarding my FAC and SGC. I was approved for both this month so went out and had a good old drool at the local RFD, The Gun Room at Ivybridge, and promptly brow beat poor mark for 3 and a bit hours haha. Got myself a good deal on a new Savage Arms Mk2 BTVSS .22LR rifle and a 2nd hand Bettinsoli Silver O/U shotgun plus lots of extras for both. Took them both out for a spin last weekend so thought would show them on here foe you guys n gals to see my new additions to the ever growing collection! Haha. I know stainless isnt everyones cuppa Tea but i like it and it wont corrode as fast as a blued barrel and with the UK weather thought itd be a shrewd move! Haha. Anyhoo let me know what you think? Any suggestions for extras are welcome :)
View attachment 12525View attachment 12526View attachment 12527View attachment 12528View attachment 12529

Nice rig. :) What range is your .22 zeroed at, and which ammo are you using?

Using winchester .22 hollow points and zerod at around 35-40yards...not a great distance as yet as i know its more capable much further but want to get a feel for the rifle at ranges im used to shooting first then move further out :)

Using winchester .22 hollow points and zerod at around 35-40yards...not a great distance as yet as i know its more capable much further but want to get a feel for the rifle at ranges im used to shooting first then move further out :)

Understood. With Win Subs and a 22-inch barrel, the ideal zero is 65 yards, FYI. :)

What brands are the scope and silencer?

roger that CH! and see my signature lines! ;) Savage Arms Mk2 .22LR SAK moderator, Hawke Panorama 3x9x40 AO Mil Dot. happy enough at the mo with the scope other than the fact when i came to zero it, a screw was missing from the top turret and was loose as chuff so thatll be going back to the shop when i get back home from jockland! grrr! luckily i managed to tighten it up enough to make use of it. will like to move on to the 'Xmas tree style' X-hairs when ive got a spare 300 notes and have gone a fair few more hours plinking under my belt! :)

Hey CH, unfortunately i didnt take any photos as was dark and silly sod left my phone in the car! :/ haha. And all thats left is a skinned n gutted rabbit in cling film in the freezer as other one went to the dog already haha.

Nice choice of rifle and gun there , have you been out with that Bettinsoli Silver O/U shotgun yet , I have been fancying either one of them or a Lincoln Premier Gold in 20 gauge but have to sell one or two of mine first ,how did you get on what chokes you using ?

Cheers WW :) n yup been out twice with the bettinsoli and took it back to the shop as it was 2nd hand and the forestock was rattling which got sorted but the more annoying thing was the forestock release lever kept popping out when firing a shot pinching my fingers, probably due to the mechanism being altered to stop the forestock rattling. So it got sent off to the actual bettinsoli gunsmith fella to sort all that lot plus when the rfd tested it apparently it didnt cycle chambers correctly so all the internals were replaced free of charge at the rfd's expense :) but given all the snags ive had with it.its still a lovely handling gun and swings well! But chokes wise no idea just ordered a brass choke gauge as the markings arent clear on them so want to make sure i know what im putting into the barrels!

Cheers WW :) n yup been out twice with the bettinsoli and took it back to the shop as it was 2nd hand and the forestock was rattling which got sorted but the more annoying thing was the forestock release lever kept popping out when firing a shot pinching my fingers, probably due to the mechanism being altered to stop the forestock rattling. So it got sent off to the actual bettinsoli gunsmith fella to sort all that lot plus when the rfd tested it apparently it didnt cycle chambers correctly so all the internals were replaced free of charge at the rfd's expense :) but given all the snags ive had with it.its still a lovely handling gun and swings well! But chokes wise no idea just ordered a brass choke gauge as the markings arent clear on them so want to make sure i know what im putting into the barrels!
Choke markings vary on them , some are stamped but majority have a number of notches in end of the choke or sometimes just a line of bars .

Ahh thanks WW i never knew that! Not done much with shotguns before so still learning! :D everydays a school day as they saying goes! :)
Basically
it tends to be:
1 notch for full choke
2 for 3/4 choke
3 for 1/2 choke
4 for 1/4 choke
And 5 for open choke
But some brands of gun use star type emblem stamped on the choke in place of the notches on ends , some are actually stamped with i.e. 1/4 ,1/2 . etc

Back