• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

My Survival Meal

instructor

Very Talkative
This is a survival meal I have designed not only to be cheap at around 25p eachmeal but to also to be filling and more importantly tasty.
I have made some trial pasta meals (my own recipe)
The ingredients cost me
Pasta 1kg £0.38p
Lentils1/2 kg £ 0.99p
Cup-a-soup x10 £0.57p
Total £1.94p
Put as much pasta into a zip bag as you want then put in as much lentils as you like and bring to the boil once cooked then add the cup-a-soup and instantly your meal is ready to eat.

I made 8 meals at a cost of 24.1/4p each I think that is fantastic and very cheap and very filling too.

It is easy to add food to them say hotdog's chopped up, as they are already cooked and just need heating up.

You can also change the flavour by using different cup-a-soups flavours, or use garlic salt, spices or curry powder, dried onions or even fresh or dried peppers.

All you need not do is put the cup-a-soup packet (unopened) into the zip lock bag along with a half-a-cup of lentils and then fill the bag with the pasta.

Mark the soup flavour on the bag. Instead of cup-a-soups you can use Pot Noodles; Pasta sauce mixes etc. to flavour your survival meal.

This way you can vary the meal flavours as you like each day.
To cook you firstly put the pasta and lentils into water and bring it to the boil and let it boil for 10 minutes when the pasta is cooked then add the cup-a-soup and stir then simply serve.

Please note that the lentils may not be fully cooked but they will be cooked enough to eat and the fact that they are chewy allows for a different texture to the meal anyway.

Tried this in a non survival situation (my kitchen) and it tastes good, i also tried mushy peas in instead of lentils and that works if you dont mind what it looks like. Stan.

Back