• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

MYSTERY ARMY PACK

nedbushcrafter

Very Addicted
View attachment 7274
IMG_20160714_103921.jpg
View attachment 7274
IMG_20160714_103921.jpg

Hiya guys i bought this pack years ago for carp fishing but now decided im gonna use it for a day pack out and about does anyone have an idea where this pack comes from ?? Which country ive had one say its dutch but its nothing like it its defo not british ive had one say possibly south african you guys got any idea ???

I think possibility its a fifties lightweight airborne pack Ned

Its a good piece of kit Joe heavy canvas sits high on the back about 30 litres ? Got my brew kit axe saw
Knife poncho stove etc all in it with room to spare

Its a good piece of kit Joe heavy canvas sits high on the back about 30 litres ? Got my brew kit axe saw
Knife poncho stove etc all in it with room to spare
Well I honestly think that in years past the aim was for quality over quantity

Well it was sat in my fishing gear shed for 16 yrs Joe they don't make em like it no more all rip stop nylon crap now lol gonna be fun using this not to mention easier to carry I ended up walking 10 miles the other day with Sarah and the dog with my shoulder bag never again lol

Well it was sat in my fishing gear shed for 16 yrs Joe they don't make em like it no more all rip stop nylon crap now lol gonna be fun using this not to mention easier to carry I ended up walking 10 miles the other day with Sarah and the dog with my shoulder bag never again lol
Blimey Ned how did you manage to get Sarah and your dog in your shoulder bag?:eek:

Ya would laugh my mate has a husky he got a kids pull along hand cart with the big wheels attaches his harness to it let's his dog pull his gear lol

Nice pack Ned.....never seen one like it......as Joe says looks a bit Airborne style ??

Yeah bill I bought it for carp fishing years ago the shop I got that from is long since gone uses it today mate made life easier no back ache either so a bonus me and Sarah building a new summer residence out in the wood found a nice little hidey hole no one anywhere for miles

Job's a good'un Ned:thumbsup:

The Summer residence in the woods sounds good :thumbsup: hope you are not making Sarah do all the work?:sneaky::D
Look forward to seeing the pictures or maybe a video:thumbsup:

Job's a good'un Ned:thumbsup:

The Summer residence in the woods sounds good :thumbsup: hope you are not making Sarah do all the work?:sneaky::D
Look forward to seeing the pictures or maybe a video:thumbsup:
:eek: heaven forbid that Ned gets blisters on his hands building a residence Bill:rofl: only place he'll get blisters will be on his backside while watching Sarah swing the axe:lol::lol::lol:

Ohhh scathing comments :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: i did a bit of videoing yesterday doing a video from the ground up making a lean to with a raised bed did the roof A frame yesterday i found a place so remote its well good one of the places in the forest no one goes to ill be doing the roof today combination of fir branches leaves and bark then follwed by a layer of turf windproof waterproof and insulated itll be cool when its finished

Ohhh scathing comments :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: i did a bit of videoing yesterday doing a video from the ground up making a lean to with a raised bed did the roof A frame yesterday i found a place so remote its well good one of the places in the forest no one goes to ill be doing the roof today combination of fir branches leaves and bark then follwed by a layer of turf windproof waterproof and insulated itll be cool when its finished
Sounds as though it'll be a home from home Ned, a nice stone fireplace out front to nicely finish it off

It's an early dpm pattern so I would say it's British.

It's an early dpm pattern so I would say it's British.
Well I joined up in 1961 Lee and with the exception of para smocks we were still in olive drab. Its not a pack style I recognize

Back