• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

MYSTERY ARMY PACK

Well Lee its not British I've looked on all my army history books I've even asked a military historian he told me it looked south African same short design but the Australians used something very similar design but it was in auscam so had a bit of yellow and red in I've not come across another like this pack its a good pack though

I bumped this thread as it was being viewed by a guest.....I know this is an old thread but the plastic fittings on it don't look all that old and are sewn in so probably original to it. I would be interested to know if anyone worked out what it is...

I've got a Dutch issue pack which is very similar, I haven't used it for a while so can't remember all the details but...same shape padded shoulder straps (rides high) same buckles, same grab handle, same side pockets and the same pierced webbing for Molle style additions...I'll take a photo as soon as I can burrow into the pile and find it....

Yep, It's a Cloggie issue Patrol Pack. I've had mine for ages, it used to be my "If the Land Rover breaks down and I can't get home pack" ...:D So it bounced around in my old SWB for about 8 years. I added the buckles to the side pouches for better closure. A Good tough pack..
DSC00092.JPG
DSC00093.JPG
DSC00094 - Copy.JPG

i've got one of these too. it is apparently a Dutch DPM Light Pack, the smallest of their large-medium-small series. it rides quite high in order to allow a full belt rig to fit underneath. there's a good U-tube video on this, i'll have to see if i can dig it up and post a link.

fwiw, those buckles on the front of the shoulder straps -- just above the sternum strap -- are to attach a small toolbag/holdall, one of these:

dutch-small-dpm-bag.jpg

i've tried this and i wasn't particularly fond of the setup. seemed best if you packed light, fluffy stuff in the holdall otherwise you get weighty stuff bouncing off your crotch which wasn't nearly as entertaining as it might at first sound.

I use one of those bags, as an occasional/day bag in the canoe..........

Two nations i know of use that DPM patternation and colour pallet, I would say its Dutch as the pattern and colours are ever so slightly different from British. The pattern is my era of service but ive never been issued that bit of kit or even seen the pack ever. Looks like mid 90s pattern. Hope it helps.

Back