• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Name that "shroom"

Medwayman

Quite Addicted
P1250097.JPG
P1250098.JPG
P1250099.JPG

My guess....and I say guess lightly as it’s more identification through google :D.... it looks like an early stage of an oyster mushroom :thumbsup:

I’d guess at ringless honey fungus. I thought oyster tended to have pretty much non existent stems but having said that I don’t have massive experience of woodland fungi (Lincolnshire isn’t exactly known for it wide swathes of ancient forest :()

I’d guess at ringless honey fungus. I thought oyster tended to have pretty much non existent stems but having said that I don’t have massive experience of woodland fungi (Lincolnshire isn’t exactly known for it wide swathes of ancient forest :()

You could be right about the oyster mate... it just looked like it on google :rofl:

The scally stems don't match any of the oyster mushrooms that I'm familiar with...it may be a branching oyster mushroom but take care, as a group Pleurotus are not all edible.

It's difficult to tell from photos but my final guess is honey fungus. What condition is the tree in?

It's difficult to tell from photos but my final guess is honey fungus. What condition is the tree in?

on its last legs cutting down in a month or 2 (weather depending)

PS internet really fiiiinf up

on its last legs cutting down in a month or 2 (weather depending)

PS internet really fiiiinf up
Take care when felling it, honey fungus will leave the wood really weak. It can be difficult to get a hinge in order to control the direction that you're trying to fell in.

Back