• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Natural Hybridization?

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
One for the experts. A sunny bank on the way to the wood...I appreciate it's all the same Primula family, but is this a case of natural Hybridization via the Bees and Insects? It's the first time I've seen coloured on this bank
Is that likely Joe?

P1040804.jpg

P1040805.jpg

I have seen it round here as well Saxon, the only explanation I can give is that it is cross pollination leading to hybridization . The ones here are exactly the same colour as the one in your photo.

Thanks Joe, that makes sense, as I know there's no human involvement with the Primroses on that bank. :thumbsup:

Interesting. I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but has anyone seen those Crows with White Feathers on their wings? I've seen a few this year.

I've not seen one this year, but in the past I have. From a distance they could be mistaken for Magpies when you see the white flash. I think that has something to do with pigmentation or lack of and is a form of Albinism in the individual bird rather than cross breeding.
I bet they're a "Twitchers" night mare...What's that???...:rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for that info..problem is I feel sorry for the pink Primeose on that bank now. It must feel like a Vegan at a steak eating contest....:rofl:

Perhaps it's just a bloody-minded individualist....I can respect that.

You can't have a bloody-minded individualist called Primrose, surely?
That's like having a heavy weight world champion called Tarquin.......:rofl: :rofl:

Back