• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Nearly a perfect 10/10

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
This photograph, taken in late July shows the back garden of the cottage to which I moved, back in the summer.
P1050360.jpg

The larger Trees on the right are Sweet Chestnut, now busily shedding their leaves. The garden path is large flat slabs of Welsh Granite? Stone, anyway. Soggy Chestnut leaves and stone slabs resulted in me doing a tripple salko and half back somersault, almost but not quite ending with a backward roll into the hedge.....:lol:.

Forget sweeping the leaves off the stone slabs, done that...repeatedly..Someone suggested sections of Chicken wire covering the slabs (just 'till all the leaves have fallen) Any suggestions welcome.

Beautiful wild garden in Summer, lovely skating area in Autumn / Winter...
( I got 8/10 for performance...the French judge marked me down of course)....:rofl:

Attachments

• P1050360.jpg
    P1050360.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 10
One of them garden vac things might help. The suck em up and chew them into little bits. Empty into a black bag, roll the top closed, couple of bricks stab with a fork and leave for a year. Lovely leafmould compost

Reactions: Bam
The chicken wire is a good temporary measure, did a similar thing myself over a path of glazed tiles :eek: (how that was a good idea eludes me) I found a double layer better for grip tent pegs are ideal to peg it down. Make sure you peg it down tight, to prevent a toe getting caught(don't ask how I know):mad::rofl: If you can afford it in the spring get a stone cutter up to rough up the surface of the stone.

It's one of those things about the Welsh countryside...if it doesn't rot or get eaten it will go green and slimy. I have alternative paths made out of 20 MM. quarry scalpings...in fact I've just ordered another 16 tons of the stuff to re do my tracks and paths with a new surface.

Thanks Brambling, I'll go with the double layer of of Chook wire I think. Loads of wire tent pegs kicking around as I always swop them for the Ally ones.

The garden Vac would probably blow up in a day or two as 20 paces from the back gate there's just room to park my bike, then about 500 acres of woodland, so I could go into commercial compost making when the wind dumps half a forest in the garden...:D

I am not complaining mind...absolutely love it here.
P1050452-LI.jpg

I'll just add...Yep, Ystranc, I've got something similar in mind for just outside the gate to stop me trailing mud/soil onto the stone slabs from outside the garden.

Last edited:
Back