• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Need help Finding a Swedish mess kit..

StrikeBack

Quite Talkative
hi guys I'm a bushcrafter on a budget and would like to find the Swedish mess kit (the one with the wind screen, trangia, fuel bottle, pot and cup) but they're hard to find in the US. I don't mind buying outside of the US. On eBay they're going for more than $75 USD. I would prefer SS but aluminum is fine too

Does anyone know where I can get one at an affordable price? Thanks

hi guys I'm a bushcrafter on a budget and would like to find the Swedish mess kit (the one with the wind screen, trangia, fuel bottle, pot and cup) but they're hard to find in the US. I don't mind buying outside of the US. On eBay they're going for more than $75 USD. I would prefer SS but aluminum is fine too

Can you get Amazon over there Dave, if you can it might be worth taking a look

Hey Strike Back,

Check out;

https://www.varusteleka.com/en

I'm not sure if they will have what you are after but they have some great kit at what I consider to be fair prices and I know they ship world wide.

Beware, first time I found this site I lost a couple of hours checking it all out :)

Good luck

Thanks so much for the help fellas!

Based on my budget and not wanting to wait too long, I ordered one from MilitaryMart. It's aluminum but at least it appears to be genuine Swiss army surplus.

Once I get it in I'll show you fellas. I'm sure you've seen many though but I'm really excited. Aren't too many in my neck of the woods.

Hi Dave.

Glad you are sorted now mate:thumbsup:

Yes, be sure to show us......not everyone has seen them I'm sure....may help someone else looking for a neat stove:thumbsup:

Pictures.....LOTS of pictures :D:thumbsup:

http://www.militarymart.co.uk/grade-b-aluminum-swedish-army-trangia-stove.html

Is this what you want? On site £12.50 but I don't know bout postage to US.....drop them a line, helpful people and I have one of these....superb!

Just been using mine on a canoe trip, and just loved it, boiled water really quick, and made a lovely chilli and rice. The rice cooked in the large tin below whilst the steam warmed through the chilli above.
The plastic "spork?" and bowl that came with it, worked superbly. The hook on the handle can lock the handle out so you can pour from the container safely..... or use the clamp!

Also took an Aldi "Crane" trangia copy.....has bigger bowls/pans, suitable for two, but a smaller burner. Also worked, but very flimsy and pan holders very unstable.

(Aldi is a German chain supermarket that runs themed goods on the cheap, spasmodically. "Crane" seems to be their label)

Back