• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Nessmuk inspired knife

Bionic

Extremely Talkative
Hello all. This is the culmination of my latest project (bar the sheath). As per the title it’s based around the Nessmuk style knifes, this specimen is shaped from 3mm thick O1 tool steel. The cutting edge is approximately 5 inches long and the total length is 9 inches. I’ve forced a gentle patina on to the blade and the scales are home made hessian mircarta with red liners and carbon fibre pins. I’m still debating what style of sheath to go for but it will be a leather design of some kind that hopefully I’ll be able to knock up over the coming evenings.
Thanks for looking. James :)

CC27DA26-720C-4752-BCBC-3FCF801DAAE8.jpeg
D5C014D1-D27D-4B9E-ACD0-30588C1FBA9E.jpeg
9EFCEA77-BF7A-4908-B2D0-542139BF3972.jpeg

Very nice work James......strop that edge will look even better :thumbsup:
Like the shape of it.....nice lines.:thumbsup:

Favourite one so far mate:thumbsup: love the shape :D

If I may! A little constructive criticism. Maby stop the bevel 5 or so mill before the finger guard and extend The wood round the finger guard more:D...more of a personal preference than criticism lol. Still it’s a stunning knife :thumbsup:

How many hours went into it bionic ?

I found time to make up a sheath for the Nessmuk over the last few evenings and this is what I’ve come up with. In all honesty I’m not overly keen on the styling of it but having used the knife plus sheath over the weekend I’m happy that it does the job and in some ways it’s nice not worrying about knocking it about a bit (hence the dings at the top already :eek:_O: ). I’d be interested to hear peoples thoughts particularly on the sheath and suggestions for a more apt style for the knife would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for looking :)
B7225392-A755-474B-87B3-ADB6E50FCEC6.jpeg
FB41F5CE-A891-44AF-8733-EAF20604FF61.jpeg
F16D164F-F7B6-4ED9-91A5-B53024AED04D.jpeg
E17A3380-BAF3-41BD-B0D6-463CD21AD87D.jpeg

I found time to make up a sheath for the Nessmuk over the last few evenings and this is what I’ve come up with. In all honesty I’m not overly keen on the styling of it but having used the knife plus sheath over the weekend I’m happy that it does the job and in some ways it’s nice not worrying about knocking it about a bit (hence the dings at the top already :eek:_O: ). I’d be interested to hear peoples thoughts particularly on the sheath and suggestions for a more apt style for the knife would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for looking :)
View attachment 14088View attachment 14089View attachment 14090View attachment 14091
If it works mate then it has to be right

Back