• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Nest of Doom 2022

collierboy

Very Addicted
The Nest of Doom strikes again, the maggies have been trying to build it for years. Three more victims
this morning, one dropped into the river and was lost.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20220414_194607614.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20220414_194607614.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 57
…and there was me thinking the general licence for magpies expired 30th June
Have they made a decision about the new ones yet? Supposed to be giving 2 months notice aren't they?

Not that I know of but I’m not really following the debate. NRW seem to make it up as they go along without public consultation or reference to scientific research.
They had a knee jerk reaction to grouse shoots in wales a few years back where NRW refused to renew leases on publicly owned land, now they’re having issues maintaining the land.

Shocking int it.
Like the Moor outside Manchester that went up in flames because the council stopped shooting on it and didn't manage it with winter burns so it went up like a freekin puddle of petrol the first time a summer fire started.
Or Australia where apparently The Green Party stopped the indigenous people doing controlled burns (cuz like they've only been doing int for hundreds if not thousands of years 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️)and they now have trouble with bush fires.

Some people just don’t get it do they, a series of small controlled burns over winter when there are no ground nesting birds as opposed to some wazzock setting fire to a thousand acres with his disposable BBQ in mid summer…
…It should be a no brainer.
Most of the Welsh mountains don’t have the dry stone walls of the Yorkshire Dales or the Peak District so once a fire takes there is nothing to get in it’s way until it reaches a watercourse.

It's almost like peeps don't value common sense and folklore any more because some pillock with a degree thinks they know better than hundreds of years of actual real life and experience.

It's almost like peeps don't value common sense and folklore any more because some pillock with a degree thinks they know better than hundreds of years of actual real life and experience.
Spoken like an old man :sneaky: ;)
….True though, but a lot of it is down to the media and a flawed public perception of the facts. There are no old countrymen on TV giving balance to the Chris Packhams of this world. It’s not surprising that the general public don’t understand when they think it’s all Country File and the Owen family’s Yorkshire farm.

It’s amazing how high positions are given to complete muppets…. I’m not up to speed about this subject however reading what yous lads have said it’s without doubt there’s room for improvement, total revamp of a broken system ?

He's wormed his way into the Barmy Broadcasting Corporation and is now able to call the
shots like some latter-day Jimmy Savile. ( and just as creepy, I'll bet Michaela Strachan can't stand
the little :poo: ) The TV tax we're forced to pay funds Packhams personal agenda, enabling the endless
stream of crap that spews from his mouth.

It’s amazing how high positions are given to complete muppets…. I’m not up to speed about this subject however reading what yous lads have said it’s without doubt there’s room for improvement, total revamp of a broken system ?
the nhs is also like that, muppets running the place, the reason they got promoted is because lower down they were promoted to get them out of the way so they become someone elses problem.

Spoken like an old man :sneaky: ;)
….True though, but a lot of it is down to the media and a flawed public perception of the facts. There are no old countrymen on TV giving balance to the Chris Packhams of this world. It’s not surprising that the general public don’t understand when they think it’s all Country File and the Owen family’s Yorkshire farm.
Jack Hargreaves’s comes to mind ??

Picked up for Jack Hargreaves’s many years ago with my choc Labs, when he was a gun at Henham park, after he done a Brittany spaniel scenes for the ‘out of town ‘ program. Read his biography, you’ll be surprised?

Also if you’re into it read Kensie the goose man, (wild fowling guide) on the wash, when he use to take out sir Peter Scott’s university shooting parties prior to him becoming a conservationists🙄

Did anyone see Packhams latest lunacy ? Farting bubbles out of his arse in Michaela Strachan's face while rubbing his
thighs. I kid you not. The bastard needs locking up. It's Jimmy Saville masquerading as a conservationist. The only
thing he wants to conserve is himself.

Back