• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

NEW 2020 Slumit Gobi 3 flash frame tent.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
I like to keep an eye on the Slumit range.

Big fan of these tents and have the 2014 edition that has served well and has been a pleasure to use in some quite challenging weather conditions......notably in Scotland at the side of Loch Arcaig.
As I have waffled on about before :rolleyes: it is a roomy and comfortable tent and offers great and snug shelter that is easy and very quick to pitch and get inside out of the weather.
When the conditions are against you its good to have a quick and efficient go to shelter that is big enough for you and all your kit.
Having the inner attached is a positive bonus.
The tent has plenty of ventilation and does not suffer overly with condensation.
A nice large vestibule to brew up or cook in......with care.

Slumit have now made some great improvements to this new version 2020 tent.
Not one you would want to carry very far.....but for a static camp working close to a vehicle or a short walk in....... they take some beating.

For the price...... it is one worth considering if you are looking for a new tent.
They also produce a made to measure footprint now as an extra that you can purchase......bonus. :thumbsup:

Might upgrade the one I have for the up and coming 2021 Scotland meet :whistle::)

Last edited:
Like it Mark? :D

I think Slumit are selling themselves short with this tent to be honest.......when they say it is a 3 season tent.
I really think that the tent could take a reasonable snow load.
One of the things I really like are the two windows at the front.....its bad enough having to be hunkered down and zipped in.......but being able to see out and have natural light is kind of cool.

Like it Mark? :D

I think Slumit are selling themselves short with this tent to be honest.......when they say it is a 3 season tent.
I really think that the tent could take a reasonable snow load.
One of the things I really like are the two windows at the front.....its bad enough having to be hunkered down and zipped in.......but being able to see out and have natural light is kind of cool.

I'm wary trying out 3 season tents in heavy snow, I know the Slumits have the fixed frame thingamy jig but the weight of the snow can fair add up.

Hear what you are saying Bam.......the test will hopefully come next year if we get snow when we travel up to you guys :thumbsup: :D

@1 shot willie a do like it mate :D it ticks all the boxes for me, I will be using it for me and the kids as well as solo camps....if I ever get oot lol. Watched a couple of vids on it and your opinions on the tent was valuable also mate. It’s easy up and easy down. Nice room inside. And the added bonus of the porch windows as you mentioned. I also have plans on using it as a day shelter for fishing at the carp pond, that all depends on the owner as it will be a tad larger than most day bivvies on the pond, or I could buy a day shelter for that:D:lol:

For those of us who are content with a little less space the Slumit Cub2 is a bargain at only £88 from the same site that Bill linked to. There are so many great two man tents that I'm getting myself in a dither about it...unlike you rich buggers I can only justify buying one at a time.

Ah ha.... Though you had me there and my wallet was going to take a hit Mr one shot.... Already have one😜😜😜😜😜😜😜😜
IMG_20190920_082839.jpg

@Ystranc

The extra room is much appreciated on the longer stays Mike..... Room to move and spread out a bit.
Pluss....... I can fit my fat arse in the vestibule :whistle:🤭:whistle::whistle:

It really depends on what you're doing doesn't it, I got my 3(2) man Coleman for the more leisurely trips and I can see the advantages, its got a good sized vestibule too, I'm looking forward to doing breakfast in it. I'll not be in a rush to take it up hills though and its a lot bulkier than a tarp..... its all about the options baby..... :cool:

Had another look at the Slumit site yesterday with a view to buying the upgraded "Gobi 3"for the up and coming Scotland trip.
It seems they are out of stock at the moment :eek: :(
The other one I have 2014 model is getting on a bit now and been subjected to some stormy old outings......but still going strong.......think I will give that one to my Grandson to have fun with.
Not taking any chances on this trip.....kit failure is not an option on a weeks stay miles away from home in some remote surroundings......and possibly rough... cold.....wet or snowy weather. :)
Condensation is minimal with this tent and the inner will offer more warmth.
Back up will be my NX250 Hammock.....as a just in case.
Nice to see they are now offering the porch poles and also a made to measure footprint.:thumbsup:

Sent them an email to ask when they will be available again.

Here you go Matt :thumbsup:

For those of us who are content with a little less space the Slumit Cub2 is a bargain at only £88 from the same site that Bill linked to. There are so many great two man tents that I'm getting myself in a dither about it...unlike you rich buggers I can only justify buying one at a time.
that's the one i took a look at. looks great, nice weatherproofing, but 4kg!?! and 71x17x17cm packed!?! bloody hell, i think that's why people buy canoes and land rovers. :p

Back